Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Exclesior-Class Kongo???

Author Topic: Exclesior-Class Kongo???
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is from "Fitz's Canon Shiplist"

U.S.S. Kongo
NCC-42173
Excelsior
active
This ship was probably in one of the DS9-Dominion War-episodes (Jonah Rapp).

WHERE THE HECK DID THIS COME FROM?!?!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hmmm.....I had a USS Kongo NCC-2409 for my write-up of the Excelsior II class for UP3...

But other then that, I've never heard of this ship.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like it came from Jonah Rapp...
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Okuda mentioned that there was an Excelsior-class Kongo around in one of his conversations with Jonah.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd be thrilled if someone could elaborate. What did Okuda say? Was it just sort of a passing comment or did he say anything in detail? I've never heard of it. (Only the Constitution-class USS Kongo, NCC-1710, from TUC.)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seem to remember this popping up as being one of the Excelsiors we see in the background during "Tears of the Prophets". I could be wrong - but in no other episode of the DS9 war arc did they really pay such attention to CGI ship names.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was indeed from a phone conversation I had with Mike about two or three years ago. Most of the details I have utterly forgotten, but it came out of my mentioning I'd like to see some of the other Constitution-class ship names reused -- like the Kongo. He said something along the lines of he was thinking about putting one in or the VFX guys had put one in... or something like that. I do know it was certain it wouldn't be legible to TV resolution, but it seemed official enough to include in my ship list...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

What about the reg? Was it just made up or what?
How come Okuda didn't put it in the Encyclopedia? Is it in the Fact Files?

Wow.

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Look, I don't remember, okay? If it was e-mail I would have kept it. As it is, it was, like, an hour-long conversation and that was just one of the things we talked about, from how to get work at Paramount in the various departments to Buckaroo Banzai.

I don't remember if he mentioned a registry or if I suggested one to him. I don't remember if it was in an episode or only intended to be in an episode, or indeed if it was just something he was considering doing at some point maybe...

I just know that it is unlikely to be contradicted at this point in the franchise's development, as everything post-2378 has been put on hold, excepting any possible movies.

*heh* I also ranted at him for Paramount's tendancy to "steal" ship names/ideas from me, although I guess it's just an unintentional acknowledgement that I think in the same ways they do... Stargazer, Orinoco, Peregrine, Nova, Rubicon... Ah, well.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not sure if it helps or not, but there was an Excelsior Class USS Kongo in the FASA reference manuals for TNG.

-Lance

The Officer's Bible:
A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://thetrekker.homestead.com

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps