Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My Starship List (Page 3)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: My Starship List
Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
You can't seriously think that the ship was supposed to have said that in WYLB, can you? It was just laziness on the part of the VFX guys. It should be ignored.

If this is referring to the CGI company, I don't think it's their laziness. They do what they're told to by Paramount. If Berman says he wants each ship have a new name and registry they'll do it. Otherwise the mentality is that "No one will notice".

As for the Prometheus registry. I prefer to, and use the NX-74913 one on my site. Whether it was barely seen or not, it was still there. The problem is lack of communication. On one hand you've got Okuda's scenic art department doing the MSD and DP, and on the other hand Foundation doing the ship CGI and coming up with their own.

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute!

HE SAID 'DASH"!?!?!?

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

Can someone confirm? If so, I'll gladly allow TSN and everyone to feed me my words on a silver platter, along with a generous side-helping of crow!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait a minute!

HE SAID "DASH"!?!?!?

Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit!

Can someone confirm? If so, I'll gladly allow TSN and everyone to feed me my words on a silver platter, along with a generous side-helping of crow!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Sorry...hehe...double...post...damn.

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Red Admiral: According to the Encyclopedia, he didn't send the memo, because they took the line out. And because he didn't send it, they ended up putting it back in.
Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup. He didn't know Riker's line had been put back in until he saw the completed episode at home -- by which point, the markings and displays for the Yamato in "Contagion" had already been finished.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

WELL? DID HE SAY 'DASH' OR NOT???

I MUST KNOW, DAMN THEE ALL!!!!

--------------------

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang on. I'll go pop in my tape...

"NCC one three zero five dash E."

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Oh well...

...bring on that side helping of crow...

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I noticed you had the "Madison" on your list. I know something like that name was said in "First Contact," but I thought it was called the "Manson." (It was mentioned on some radio cahtter). Also, you forgot tomention the USS Grissom from "Field of Fire" that had over a thousand people on board.

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

The closed captioning from the DVD was confirmed to have said "Madison" rather than "Manson" as some people heard it.

There were an Oberth-class and an Excelsior-class Grissom. Don't I have both?

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Ezri mentioned a USS Grissom that was destroyed with only five survivors, out of 1,000 or more people. Maybe this was the Excelsior, but I don't kow if it can hold that many people.

--------------------
Meh

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll probably get flamed for this, but even the DVD subtitles can be wrong. I've seen stuff like this before. One DVD I have is the "Gettysburg" movie. The movie is based on a novel so I know what the line is supposed to be and yet the subtitle on the DVD was different. I then checked with the regular close-captioning that the TV decoded and that was correct. I'll have to go check ST:FC on the video tape I have and it might say Manson instead of Madison. In that case, we still don't know for sure.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Well, I got the Manson name from Frank Gerratana's Starfleet Ship Design site, where he had an audio clip. There are also other sites with this ship, but they can't decide on a name.

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I don't have the DVD personally. I have the good ol' VHS. But someone said it was Madison so I went back and just listened real close. Even if CC can be wrong, I trust my own ears, and I too say it's MADISON.

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps