Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My Starship List (Page 9)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: My Starship List
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting theory. Someone should've made an episode or book about it.

--------------------
Meh

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Arrgghh! been away from the board so long - (summer hols and no reasonably priced 'net connection where i was). So much information to take in, not sure what to post. [btw made a fool of myself thinking about a Capt. Beckett seriously :S]

Anyway, i'm too tired to sift through the data, but can someone give me the link to the most respected Starship list (with both Canon, and Non-canon ships ; how you define that is up to you )

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*...there now follows a link to all our individual websites...LOL*

Here's mine

http://www.trekmania.net/the_fleet/framesornoframes.htm

-Sol System, yes the political climate at the time would've certainly been a factor. The Cardassians I'm sure were seriously investigated in regards to Voyager's disappearance. But also the fact that it went missing in an extremely volatile environment - the Badlands. Perhaps many suspected that the ship succumbed to the dangerous conditions in this area, and Starfleet probably spent a good while searching for any signs of a wreckage.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks Admiral.

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I have a few questions on the updated list post two pages back. I skimmed over the list and found some interesting things I would like to be clarified.
1. USS Enterprise D - Was it not docked at Deep Space Nine in "Emissary"? If so I think you should add "Emissary" to your list as one of the appearances.

2. USS Enterprise E - When and how was it mentioned in "Life Lines" (VOY)?

3. USS Essex - In the past I remember an Ambassador Class USS Essex being mentioned somewhere. Was it canonical or not? It's just a vague memory I have.

4. USS Hiroshima - This is the first I have heard of this starship being omitted from the Encyclopedia. Do we have an explanation as to why it was omitted, and were any of the CGI models on-screen labelled Hiroshima?

5. USS Lantree - When was it mentioned in Star Trek: The Undiscovered Country?

6. USS Voyager (NCC-73602) - When was this ship mentioned in "A Time to Stand"? If it was given this registry, someone should be shot.

It would be great to get those things clarified.

Chris:

1. You're absolutely correct. I'll update.

2. I can't remember specifically. That came from Spike's list, where I got a lot of my episodes from.

3. No. There has been an Ambassador-class Exeter and an Excalibur, but no Essex. Thus was the basisi for a small theory of mine that you can read about in the thread labeled 'Museum Ship.'

4. As far as I know, it was a 'mistake' in the second Encyclopedia, and wasn't in FC, but I'm just including it to be as complete as possible.

5. The Lantree was listed on a display chart on the Enterprise bridge in TUC.

6. This is a somewhat controversial issue. In the Deep Space Nine Technical Manual, there are several ships depicted which are 'kitbashes,' or ships made from bits and pieces of others. Among them are these:

(a.) A Constitution-class Variant.

(b.) An Excelsior-class Variant.

(c.) An Intrepid-class Variant seen in several DS9 episodes including "A Time to Stand," to which the DS9 Art Department refers to as the Yeager-class.

(d.) Another Excelsior-class Variant, seen in DS9 "A Time to Stand" as the U.S.S. Centaur NCC-42043

(e.) An Excelsior/Constitution-class Variant, seen also in "A Time to Stand" as the U.S.S. Curry NCC-45617

(f.) An Intrepid/Constitution Variant.

Now, while only three of these could be clearly seen in the episode "A Time to Stand," Mike Okuda has told inquirerers(sp?) that all of these designs were in fact built as models and filmed for the episode.

It just so happens that that last one, the Intrepid/Constitution variant, bears a striking resemblance to the original Intrepid-class study model built in pre-production for VOYAGER. Pictures of it appeared in The Art of Star Trek:

Some people have theorized that it is likely that it was that study model which was used for background shots in "A Time to Stand," and that it is what the picture in the DS9TM represents, rather than a completely new-built model. I happen to agree with them, and so that is why it is listed as it is in my shiplist.

-MMoM

[ September 03, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I certainly like that theory Monkey -far better than confortably accepting the existence of that Connie/Intrepid kitbash. I never liked that ship, nor the Curry, and the Yeager is just downright nasty. But the Centaur I've always had time for, it's a remarkably majestic ship.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They may have been filmed, but no one has ever pointed them out.

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
True, but there are several small blurs in the background, too fuzzy to make out clearly, that could easily be and probably are the unseen ships.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.