Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Generations" ending... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: "Generations" ending...
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does this picture get any clearer? Like, w/ a DVD, or something? Or is that a DVD screencap?

The registry on the side of that Oberth might be readable, if it were just a little clearer...

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nope, sorry, that screencap was made the oldfashioned way, by vcr, and since my equipment isn�t very good, that�s as clear as I can get

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if it gets any clearer, but damn the Nebbie looks sexy! I think I'll go out and buy one...

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, it doesn�t, but you�re forgiven because I love the Nebula too

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was under the impression that this Oberth was the U.S.S. Valient NCC-20000.
I'm more interested to know what the name/reg of the Miranda in this scene is.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

USSdefiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where did you get that information reverend, or is it just something you remember.
IP: Logged
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Oberth is indeed the U.S.S. Valiant NCC-20000.
This is deduced from the fact that ILM had a VFX model with that name and number, and it was used in Generations. Since there's only one Oberth in the film...

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's the theory. But, if it can actually be read directly off the film, I'd be happier...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think the model bit is pretty definitive. I agree with the Rev. I'd like to find out about that Miranda.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I was just thinking about that miranda and I watched the end of my video and there's a point just as they first cut to the ships where the reg might briefly be visible. Who's got the DVD?

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I can't do any better than TSN here, you can only enhance a VHS capture so much before it degrades beyond recognition.

This shows: one Miranda, one Oberth, and one Nebula (The Farragut).

-Enhancement of the Oberth.

As you can see, no useful details can be made out, and it would be impossible to make out. But, like you suggested, new details may come to light if a analysis of the DVD version could be made

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Thanks again, Red.

--------------------

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
that nebula is a beauty
and she is the low windows version

she is the USS Faragut right?

if she is....its a real shame she got splattered by the klingons

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Yes, it's the Farragut.

--------------------

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have the Generations DVD. If I can get my software working again I'll post caps, but I honestly don't think you'll see much.

-=Ryan McReynolds=-

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps