Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Qualor II screencap analysis (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Qualor II screencap analysis
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if what was referred to earlier was an Antares class or a Talarian ship. MMoM thinks its one thing, Dukhat thinks its another, and I'm not sure.

And MMoM I never said anything against your description of the D7 Battlecruiser. I myself in the initial thread identify this also as a D7 Battlecruiser (or as AndrewR suggests a Romulan equivilent thereof).

I don't call myself anti-Apollo class, I just subscribe to one theory, you subscribe to another. It's as simple as that.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay then.

Won't you join me then for a cup of Lotus Blossom tea and then we can sit in the grass and form a circle, joining hands and singing "Michael Row the Boat Ashore" and it will be GROOVY!!!!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apollo Class-
As I presented in the Top 5 unanswered ship questions topic. According to some SFX guys at a convention the Apollo class was a Ambassador kitbash that was used in unseen fotage for Embisary and was briefly seen in another episode.
For more info see the aforementioned discussion. Or just ask as I can't seem to find it at the moment.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oi! That saucer mit nacelles on the side....what if THAT'S Ed Miarecki's Rigel-class model? Maybe "2 saucers" wasn't completely correct. It has the "nacelles in the middle" thing to it...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What we need, is a DVD of "Emissary" with an added feature with the original effects. Or someone contacting Rob Legato.

I'd reckon Rob'd be a more likely chance than the first option!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think the Ex-astris (Bernd, Chris Spinnler,etc.) folks in their Wolf 359 research project thingee already identified that saucer as part of an Excelsior prototype. The rest of the model is obscured by lighting. That's why the saucer is 'floating.'

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

oh, yeah:

The Battlecruiser is definitely a K'tinga-class. (You can tell by the bridge module.)

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's also the thing that the chances of the D& model still being around were zero. the K'tinga is almost certainly the model from ST VI (which would have jsut had a spruce up at ILM).

The K'tinga wasn't seen in BOBW, was it? So did they take the existing scene and add to it, or are there actually new shots put in?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

BoBW shots weren't the ONLY shots used in 'Unification.' They scrounged up a lot of other miscellaneous models and shot them for the junkyard scene.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, but that shot with the K'Tinga looks suspiciously similar to the shot just before the commercial break in BOBW. Except that the K'Tinga has replaced the Constitution secondary hull (which would have actually made more sense in a surplus yard).

Oh, and a shit load of aother ships have been added.

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: PsyLiam ]

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the Klingon ship was not filmed for BoBW. It was purposely put into the Unification junkyard as a sight gag.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

What was the deal with there being klingon ships at the Battle of Wolf 359? Wasn't there like a line in BoBW about it, and then in that one Voyager ep they showed a flashback w/some BoP's getting swatted by a Borg cube?

Please clarify.

--------------------

Akula
Member # 319

- posted      Profile for Akula     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Testing I tried to post but I couldn't
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

The clips were shown in Unity. Basically, they took shots of a Borg cube firing from Scorpion, and then showed clips of Klingon vessels getting shot in Way of the Warrior. So the white pulses the cube fires become photon torpedoes when they hit the Klingon ships.

Er, how's the K'Tinga ship a sight-gag? I mean, it's not like it's an uncommon ship. If they'd had a Daedalus class there, or an original Constitution, or an Imperial Star Destroyer then, maybe, yeah. But a K'tinga?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.