Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 2002 Ships of the Line Calendar (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: 2002 Ships of the Line Calendar
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, we should all get to work on all the ships! Scrap UP3 for the time being!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a Galaxy-Class starship over NYC shooting down jet airliners before they can hit the WTC.

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Pro. Portside
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
not funny !
IP: Logged
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tact, stupid. Look it up.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
chill guys.. just trying to vent.

p.s. thats just what i was trying to do when you called me inappropriate, beers

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Mojo
Member # 536

- posted      Profile for Mojo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a shot of the D over the Statue of Liberty... hopefully that will be an image of hope for people.

And before anyone asks, I have spoken with several folks 'who would know' and they all agree the D could go into an atmosphere for a short period... especially for a special event like Federation Day or something. I'll give some details later if anyone REALLY wants to know how!

Mojo

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, this may sound a little morbid, given Tuesday's events but...these shots of ships flying over cities, would the cityscape itself be altered? like for instance when we see Paris and San Francisco there are things like futuristic builds and transport tubes melding in with the old buildings.
Perhaps you should also bear in mind that by the 24th century, WWIII has destroyed most of the Major cities of the world. Perhaps some of them were rebuilt, but any image should reflect this, perhaps even have the statue of liberty relocated like in "Judge Dread" or something similar. Making the scene look familiar, yet different.

--------------------

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[This post contains information about VOY's "Endgame". -TSN]

We've seen a few cities such as Reverend says, San Francisco primarily, which always looked fairly familiar from what we've seen of it.

The Intrepid is a reasonable sized starship and we know for sure it can enter the atmosphere, and we saw a shot of it doing a flyby over the Golden Gate Bridge in Endgame. But I think the Intrepid is unique for a starship in that it was specifically designed for atmospheric flight, perhps the retractable nacelles have something to do with it. I doubt a Galaxy or Nebula could do the same.

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Notice how the Golden Gate Bridge (and Starfleet HQ) was destroyed in "The Changing Face of Evil," yet seen built back up again in "Pathfinder." This was a production error, however, in the ST universe, it can be interpreted as a sign they rebuilt them.

--------------------
Meh

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many Earth cities have we actually seen on Trek? not many by my count.. theres the ever-present San Fran, Paris and in VGR we saw somewhere in New Zealand an New Orleans in DS9.

We know that LA fell into the ocean from a quake on VGR...

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

We saw Cambridge in "All Good Things" Worf mentioned Minsk in "What You Leave Behind" O'Brian's family lives in Dublin, New York was mentioned by Jake "In The Cards", I think Tokyo is mentioned in the TNG Tech manual and the Starfleet Communications building shot were supposedly taken in Hong Kong, so its possible that is supposed to be there.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're still trying to figure out what those two new states are...
Puerto Rico, maybe? And what else?
As for cities, I think we got most of the ones we've seen.

--------------------
Meh

capped
Member # 709

Barclay must have had a helluva commute to work.. San Fran to Hong Kong every morning.. but i guess if he worked late and missed the last tram hed just crash in the holodeck. in beverly's lap.

but who would feed his cat..?

most of those cities were mentioned but not seen, so we really only know that people live there we have no idea if they even resemble the cities we know from today, possibly some were leveled and rebuilt.

--------------------

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ben Sisko once said he transported back to New Orleans in his Academy days often from San Francisco, so I don't think use of the transporter is out of the question for long distances. It is the 24th century, after all!
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The individual states from the United States of America apparently still exist, since Janeway is from Indiana, the Enterprise-E crew knew Wyoming, I believe Janeway mention Kentucky when talking about Fort Knox.

Canada was mentioned in "The Trouble With Tribbles". I think Toronto was mentioned somewhere.

Starfleet R&D was the mentioning of Toyko in the TNG Tech Manual.

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps