Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » 'A Time To Stand' screencap analysis (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: 'A Time To Stand' screencap analysis
The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
These are the requested screencaps I made of some of the ships from this episode that have certain questions marks, etc.

The first picture shows the initial fleet flyby. In the bottom left hand corner is an Akira Class, with the Defiant above it.

This shows an Excelisior being tugged by an unknown ship-type, or at least not one I recognise... On the left are regular Fighters.

On the bottom right of this image is much loathed Curry-type

This is a close-up image of some of the ships in the background. Other than number 3., being a K'tinga class Klingon battlecruiser, the others remain too obscure to make out, although 2. is probably a Miranda.

The remaining images show the USS Centaur

[ July 07, 2001: Message edited by: The Red Admiral ]

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice ones, Red.

BTW, that's a Federation tug. (Identified in Fact Files, no proper class name known as yet.) The model uses various parts, including Intrepid-class impulse engines and a Danube-class upper sensor pod. And the nacelles, they come from the Rommie warbird.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I've spotted a second Curry-type in this scene.
In the 1st image its the ship in the upper left, above the BOP & to the left of the K'tinga.
In the 2nd image it is the one closest to the SKY ONE logo.
In the 4th image it's the one labeled #1

u can just about make out the shape of the excelsior bow & a sauser sitting on top, but the nacelles look a little different...

what do you think?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'd like to see a little more detail on the tug but the more I look at it in the screen cap the more it makes me think that it is a Klingon design. It looks green, and has red glowing nacelles.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fact Files say it's Federation.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It did cross my mind Reverend that the ship you pointed out might be another Curry-type. At first I thought it may be two objects, one behind the other, but on closer scrutiny it does indeed fit into the rather chaotic looking Curry bracket.

Regarding the Centaur though. I've always thought of it as a rather nasty and lazy kitbash, and I have avoided giving this class-type a lot of attention, but on close inspection, and duly studying the footage over and over to get the screencaps, it suddenly occured to me that this, bizarrely, has to be one of the most beautiful and majestic ships I've ever seen.

!!?

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Red: Do you have the Genrations DVD? We're trying to figure out anything we can about the Miranda at the end. (Check out the recent thread) There's a point where a screencap at just the right moment might help.

Thanks again.

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
at first I thought it was the proto-voyager, but when I watched the video it was obviously a curry...maybe.
If someone could knock off a half decent mpg then we might get a better idea.

Yeah, I've always loved the Centaur. I especially like the little triangles under the sauser...just like the conni & sovereign, nice touch
I like to think of this ship as a Rennisance, no offence to ASDB's design btw.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

I'm desperate to 'get DVD compliant', but alas I haven't got round to it. I'm still solidly immersed in VHS. I find it kind of heartbreaking when I ponder the fact that I have over 1000 video tapes, and what a mountainous task it would be to replace them with DVDs. D'oh!!! One day perhaps...

But I've perused this footage closely before, but I will do so again and see if any useful caps can be made.... I'll get back to you soon.

--------------------

The ASDB

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

The relevant caps are now in the 'Generations ending' thread.

--------------------

The ASDB

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Once again: Thanks for the Generations caps. Too bad we didn't get anything more from them.

--------------------

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks RED!

OK, another ask... the Ships on Admiral Leyton's wall in "Homefront" and "Paradise Lost"!

That is, if you can.

Thankyou!

Andrew

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

No problem AndrewR, good idea, I'll get right on it!

--------------------

The ASDB

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

Nothing very exciting here unfortunately. We have what looks like an Ambassador on the left of the picture, and in my view a couple of Excelsiors. This was the only useful shot I could get of this wall.

--------------------

The ASDB

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Well, I see an Ambassador the left, an Exelsior on the right, but there is there just the slightest possibility the center ship is a Constitution-refit?

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps