Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Spacematic (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Spacematic
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is the Spacematic federation?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what-what?

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Delta Vega
Member # 283

- posted      Profile for Delta Vega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spacematic? Sounds like an action figure.. hehe..

--------------------
"Sometimes I think I might like to be evil and all, but that's not the way to think, 'ya know?"
-AA, from IRC on March 3rd, 2001

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, its the new vacume cleaner. It will clean even the trickiest of airless voids...

--------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From "The Trouble with Tribbles," I think?
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Cyrano Jones' ship.

Was it in the K-7 model from TTwT, or just TaT?

I doubt it's a Federation ship, as such. Private ships belonging to Federation citizens may have to be registered w/ the UFP, but the ship wouldn't actually belong to the Feds...

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Spacematic is Cyrano Jones' ship. It wasn't seen in the original "Trouble With Tribbles" but it was seen a a miniature model in "Trials and Tribble-ations" It was in the K7 hangar bay along with a Galileo-type shuttle with a reg on NCC-K7.

Look in this pic:
null

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

BUT, was Jones even a Federation citizen???

The plot thickens...

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, he seemed to be human (sure, in TOS, looking human means nothing, but there's also his name to consider). Not that it means anything, even if he was, but it's still a possibility...
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cyrano Jones is a Federation citizen. He is subject to the laws of the Federation and can be tried by a Federation court.
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well, even aliens are subject to Federation law, (ref. "Let That Be Your Last Battlefield," et. al.) But was it stated he was a citizen?

--------------------

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

No, but it doesn't have to be. He's obviously a human but that doesn't mean his ship is federation or even federation registered. Maybe it should be but this bloke wasn't supposed to be
an upstanding, law abiding citizen.
Besides, that thing looks like an old rust bucket.

While we're on the subject can anyone actually define a federation ship? your talking about 100-150 member worlds plus whatever colonies & outposts they have established, most of them probable have their own shipyards and construction companies, there is a potential for an enormous deversity of ship design yet only the starfleetith ships seem to be considered federation ships.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well, consider the Whorfin- and Apollo-classes. These are ships that obviously show alien design influence.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at photo*

NCC-K7?

Er, surely that doesn't work.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It doesn't, but hey...

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps