Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The ship! The ship! (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The ship! The ship!
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(really corny joke, yes...)

http://www.trektoday.com/news/080701_02.shtml

That deals with that.

Let the cheering/moaning begin...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bigger...

Still nothing conclusive on nacelles up/down, as far as I can tell.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Kosa
Member # 650

- posted      Profile for Kosa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im pretty sure that at Trek Today i read that the nacelles where to be slightly lower than the saucer section but i cant go back and read it again because the article has mysteriously dissapeared from the site. It will probably be back soon.

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: Kosa ]

--------------------
More human than human -Blade Runner

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

TVGuide legal issues, from what I can glean online.

And the comments about the nacelle position were just TT slapping itself on the back and saying "we brought you this info and this and this and it was all correct" when in fact it was just the person who posted the story guessing that the nacelles were lower.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I've had my SNL moment over in the Enterprise forum, I'll now go ahead and state that I find it hard to believe this is the ship. It's an Akira. Yes, yes, blah blah blah, ship histories, and so on. But it's an Akira. I suppose the bottom may look significantly different. But it's an Akira.

Of course, in all this surge of negative emotion, I can remember a year or two or more ago when there seemed to be a large number of fans clamoring for the next show to take place on an Akira, and some of us continually saying that would never happen, because every show gets a new ship. Well. I guess we were wrong.

Now I'm just worried about some of those other fan suggestions of the same era. Type XX phasers? Ultra-quantum torpedos? Ship captains that happen to share the names of particularly eager fans?

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just go read my posts in the thread under Enterprise. I'm not willing to retype my comments. I'm so depressed.

[ July 08, 2001: Message edited by: Daniel ]

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The German Star Trek News Site (treknews.de) has the pictures from the TV Guide up and they also set up a comparison between the Enterprise and the Akira. Pretty interesting. I wish I could read German.

Die neue Enterprise: das erste offizielle Bild!

Captain Stark

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frell!!!
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TWO WORDS:

ENTERPRISE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FOR GOD'S SAKE YOU'RE GONNA GIVE ME AN ULCER POSTING THIS EXCRETORY MATTER IN HERE!

EX-SQUEEZE ME, MISTER MODERATOR SIR, DON'T YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE TIME FOR A LITTLE THREAD RELOCATION???

PLEASE!!! I BEG OF YOU!!!

(Honestly, I think I'm taking it rather well, don't you? )

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a thread about a starship. I think it fits in nicely with this forum.

Mr. of Mim, we need to talk. That vein on your forehead is protruding pretty far. If you aren't careful, it'll explode. You need to relax. Drink a couple cases of fine German beer, and then make out a check payable to me for $2050. I'll tell you the address to send it to as soon as your intoxicated, um, er, I mean relaxed.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Will Roy be joining us?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who's Roy?
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Your buddy from Vegas.

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Oh. I get it. Siegfried and Roy. Ha ha ha. This screen name is not from the Las Vegas weirdos, it's from the hero of Richard Wagner's opera cycle Der Ring des Niblungen and Norse mythology.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
With the tigers! I saw them once.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps