Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » ENTERPRISE, or "I Bought the TV Guide" (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: ENTERPRISE, or "I Bought the TV Guide"
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, in YOUR OPINION it looks too advanced, those who like the design will continue to comment on it.
crobato
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wes1701E:
Well, in YOUR OPINION it looks too advanced, those who like the design will continue to comment on it.

Have you checked the Internet lately, across message boards all over? It is certainly not just my opinion, but a lot of people everywhere.

You have a fanbase that is already shrinking, and TPTB wants to alienate a large portion of that too? I mean, is TPTB really that bent on a course for self destruction?

IP: Logged
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, the rough look of the Akiraprise's hull is the one thing it has going for it - more primitive looking. The problem is that more recent ship designs have gone back to a rougher hull look as well, partly because many of the classes were designed to appear in movies where wide expanses of white hull would just look silly. Contrast the E-nil with the refit and the E-A; the E-D's hull was enhanced prior to its appearance in "Generations."

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"pretend that TOS never happened"

Close. How about: "Remember that TOS hasn't happened YET".

The more I look at NX-01 - the more I can see it as an earlier state-of-art than 1701.

Also - the TV Guide Pic - I'm not so sure this IS a pic. Looks more like a conceptural painting. So the actual model (CGI) may be cleaner/less cluttered.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Crobato, I don't know what the hell crawled up your ass, but I suggest you kill it. NOW.

It's not like the Akira is the first thing EVER to use a catamaran hull. The Akira is nothing more then a rip-off of the P-38 Lightening! So that just shot your originality idea to hell.

We already know the side view of the Enterprise is a helluva lot different then the Akira. Heck, I bet the bottom view looks nothing like the Akira either.

The Saber looks a lot like the Miranda from the side. Are they the same from the top? Heck no...not even close.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Quickly:

"About that cheap model comment [referring to the NCC-1701]. That was no cheap model when it was made. You have to remember that back then TOS was using the some of the best special effects."

Is still doesn't change the fact that today, it looks cheap. Sorry, but that's the march of time. Look at TNG season 1. The space scenes (including the Enterprise) don't look anywhere near as nice as in DS9 or Voyager (even in later TNG, the Enterprise looks a lot better).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.