Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Show of hands on new Enterprise (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Show of hands on new Enterprise
Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now that we've seen a detailed pic of the new ship, I'd like to know how many of you think this is the right ship for this series. Just vote yes or no; don't give any reasons or attempt to persuade the other voters, please.

I vote: NO!!!!!

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: Masao ]

MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As if there was any doubt about your vote, Masao...

I say, absolutely not!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Do I honestly have to say it?

(Actually, I'll be pretty amused to see who says 'yes.')

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. *buries face in hands* God no... *goes off to cry in a corner*

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I give a resounding YES.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I second Siegfried's vote...yes.
Omega
Some other beginning's end
Member # 91

- posted      Profile for Omega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There is not enough information for me to draw a conclusion. I require more information about the ship.

--------------------
"This is why you people think I'm so unknowable. You don't listen!"
- God, "God, the Devil and Bob"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's named Enterprise.

YES!

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
NO!!! However, it is hard not to give any reasons for my response.

[ July 09, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Y'know, this is just getting pathetic. What's the point of this anyway? Is there a master plan afoot to take a poll of this ever-so-highly representative sample of Enterprise's viewing audience and send in the mob vote to the producers, declaring loudly that the fans clearly want them to change the ship? Or hell, stop making a prequel altogether...

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we all know that Internet polls are highly inefficient ways to collect information. After all, most of the poll systems I've seen in place have no way of safeguarding against someone voting multiple times. Add to that, I'm always seeing people offering little programs that'll ping a poll every so often. This is largely the truth for Internet and email petitions as well.

To be honest, I think it's a wee bit too late for Paramount to halt production on Enterprise.

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Depends on exactly what the question is...

Is this the ship I would design for Enterprise? No.

Do I have any problem with the ship they've designed for Enterprise? No.

Do I think they've designed a ship that fits anyone's expectations? No.

Do I think they've designed a good-looking ship that fits in with the timeframe? Yes.

So, is this the ship for Enterprise? Yes.

But, could there be a better ship for Enterprise? Yes.

Choose whichever question was actually being asked and take the answer from above.

-=Ryan McReynolds=-

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey! Some of you are making this difficult. I just want to know whether you think, based on the information at hand, whether this ship is appropriate for a prequel series.

Disclaimer: This information will be used to decide who will later be stood up against a wall. Nothing personal. I also guarantee your safety until that time.

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

The Tom and Siegfried: I don't sign petitions and have no other agenda than finding out how many people actually think this ship is all right (that wall stuff was a joke, by the way). It's too late to change the design, anyways. The trouble with the other threads is that you have to wade through all the arguments to get an answer. (I actually think the ship is good looking, but not for this time period)

So just a simple yes or no, please

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In that case, I simply answer "yes," put on a blindfold, and grab a smoke.

-=Ryan McReynolds=-

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps