Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Class of pre-Enterprise... (some $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Class of pre-Enterprise... (some $$$)
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I take it with the registry of the pre-Enterprise being NX-01 it will be the Enterprise class?

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Only if they built more than one.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or they could build more than 1....
NX-01
NX-02
NX-03
etc...

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

USSdefiant
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritten, I dont really get what you are saying. Do you know that the NX prefix means that it is an experimental ship in which the class is usually named after the ship that had the NX registry?
IP: Logged
Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ritten is saying (I believe) that perhaps "NX" is simply how they start the registries in the pre-federation days. It may not have anything to do with the numbering system of federation starships.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention that they may have built an NX-00, which could be the ship for which the class is named.
J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No the NX-00 was taken back in time to fight a war 1000 years ago. But we'll find out that it's the crew of the Pre-E that steals it.

Oh wait:

1) That was another series

2) Nobody currently involved in Star Trek is forward thinking enough to come up with a story arc like that.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

crobato
Ex-Member

Just remember, the registry number of the fake USS Dauntless is NX01A. (Arteris' slip stream special)

Wow, and no one in Voyager could see it's fake by looking at the registry number.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Entil'zha!
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How does the Dauntless registry expose the ship as a fake?
crobato
Ex-Member

One may have to assume them that if NX01 is the first ever starship, then it makes no sense to name an advanced slipstream ship NX01A.
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless the new Enterprise is not the "first starship ever", which is exactly what we're saying...
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Excelsior was originally NX-2000, later changed to NCC-2000 once the class went into production.

NX seems to stand for Prototype.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

Ritten
A Terrible & Sick leek
Member # 417

- posted      Profile for Ritten     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I quite do...
The XB-70 project came to mind, the precursor to the B-1, they built, I think, 3, XB-70-A, XB-70-B, and XB-70-3, or something along those lines.

I think the F-15 had a prototype block of about 12 aircraft.... Yes, I know, these are ships

--------------------
"You are a terrible human, Ritten." Magnus
"Urgh, you are a sick sick person..." Austin Powers
A leek too, pretty much a negi.....

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

"NX seems to stand for Prototype."

In the current numbering scheme, yes. But the point being made here is that the NX-01 of the Akiraprise might be part of a different mubering system that predates the current one.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.