Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Corrected Akiraprise... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: The Corrected Akiraprise...
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Someone mentioned wanting to see what the Pre-E would look like with modern markings, something more appropriate to the timeperiod the ship should belong too.

Ask and ye shall recieve. (Click on Image) =]

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: The Vorlon ]

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice. Any significance to '1983' apart from it just fitting the time period?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
1983 was the year ST3 came out. I think the saucer (especially the edge) looks VERY Excelsior-like. =]

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh.. 1984, wasn't it..?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice drawing, Adam. Seriously.

But to the overall concept of "Enterprise", bleah. If the ship they use looks similar to this, they will have a hard time explaining to the fans how this ship is supposed to be less advanced than the original Enterprise.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

TheF0rce
Member # 533

- posted      Profile for TheF0rce     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tahna Los:
Nice drawing, Adam. Seriously.

But to the overall concept of "Enterprise", bleah. If the ship they use looks similar to this, they will have a hard time explaining to the fans how this ship is supposed to be less advanced than the original Enterprise.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Tahna Los ]

Uh It is the enterprise
Its been confirmed here in the US in Tv guide.

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The saucer is incredibly Excelsior-esque. It's flat, round, and slopes out at the edges. I wouldn't be surprised if the bottom was very flat with a few greebles on it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice job!

Do you have the original of this? I'm still looking for a big picture of the official ship without any magazine text or other lines.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

The Vorlon
Member # 52

There are several original pics in the other threads about the Pre-E.

--------------------

Masao
doesn't like you either
Member # 232

- posted      Profile for Masao     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks KEWL!!! Now, if it had 24th century nacelles, then we'd clear up all doubt as to where this ship belongs.

--------------------
When you're in the Sol system, come visit the Starfleet Museum

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
But I cannot seem to find the picture that is use to make the above picture. One where the pre-Enterprise is placed horizontally and where all the magazine rubbish is gone.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, where is the original pic to the above pic. All I've seen so far are crappy versions from the TV guide.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Vorlon
Member # 52

http://www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/Pre-E.jpg

--------------------

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The thing is that the entire ship looks like as if it is more technologically advanced than the original Enterprise.

Akira-ish design.

Sleek looking hull and engines.

What looks like a TNG deflector on the front.

I was hoping that the ship itself look dull to make it more consistent with the Trek Universe.

The TOS-era appears not to have paid any attention to physical looks and asthetics. But yet we see asthetics here, only to drop off once TOS takes root, then we begin to have asthetics in ships again.

So tell me what is going on here?

--------------------
"And slowly, you come to realize, it's all as it should be, you can only do so much. If you're game enough, you could place your trust in me. For the love of life, there's a tradeoff, we could lose it all but we'll go down fighting...." - David Sylvian
FreeSpace 2, the greatest space sim of all time, now remastered!

Michael Dracon
Member # 4

Thank you mister Vorlon

The more I look at the the ship the more I think the deflector will not be circular, but eliptical.

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps