Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akiraprise: An Experiment in Ugliness

Author Topic: Akiraprise: An Experiment in Ugliness
The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ergh. This project is a real pain in the ass. I decided to conjure up my own version of the Pre-E side view, and what I came up with is not appealing. Chances are that I'm way wrong on several areas, but TSN and I couldn't figure them out. So, lacking more information, I'll just the rough version here for your amusement.

Anyone have any suggestions? I might go back and keep working on this tomorrow...

http://sapphireeclipse.virtualave.net/Pre-E_Side.jpg

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yes, also take a look at this guy's mesh...

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/Forum5/HTML/001208.html

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, of course half a starship will look less than beautiful. I can't see how you could make a judgement call without seeing the bottom part.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn that mesh is nicer then mine. Here is a perspective view of mine.

http://www.techfx.org/ent-render.jpg

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is my equally dubious attempt...
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*looks at the Sc-Fi mesh* Argh! It has thighs! I ain't gonna bump no more with no big fat woman. . .

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Check it out here. Here is an excellent mesh of the Enterprise!! I think it will turn out to be the most accurate mesh. http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/002588.html

[ July 11, 2001: Message edited by: MIB ]

IP: Logged
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would have been a lot funnier if someone hadn't already posted it yesterday.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I already drew up my own version of a side view for the Enterprise, but it's in some other thread and I don't feel like digging it up.

I'm too busy playing Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps