Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Real Enterprise

Author Topic: The Real Enterprise
crobato
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here is the real Enterprise and truly this one captures the spirit of what's it's all about:

http://www.scifi-meshes.com/forums/Forum2/HTML/002588.html

enjoy.

IP: Logged
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Here is the real Enterprise and truly this one captures the spirit of what's it's all about:

In your opinion.

Good to know you're keeping an open mind about things and not being judgemental.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: Jeff The Card ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

crobato
Ex-Member

Thank you.

Here's to the ones born every minute and the Barnum and Bailey, err, Berman and Braga, team running Trek these days.

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, if only we could get back to the good old days, before Berman and Braga ruined TNG.

Oh.

Wait.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least I find the picture funny... *L*
crobato
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
Yeah, if only we could get back to the good old days, before Berman and Braga ruined TNG.

Oh.

Wait.

I'm not sure if TNG was ruined then. Braga was still a brilliant writer (All Good Things), and Piller still had that bean counter Berman under the leash.

Somehow hubris came in, but it was already after TNG, somehow rooted in the rut of the internal DS9-VOY rivalry. The politics, the infighting, something which the Ron Moore interviews revealed. Pretty much, much of the TNG's and DS9's creative backbone (Piller, Moore, Behr, Echevarria, etc,.) left. I'm sad to see Rick Sternbach as the latest casualty.

BTW, I'm going to make a bold prediction that we're going to see creative and political infighting with Braga and Bakula.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Right. Because Brannon Braga is a sociopath who keeps Jeri Ryan electrical-taped to a four-poster bed in his basement while he runs around the neighborhood shitting on people's lawns.

[ July 10, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

crobato
Ex-Member

Making apologies again, this Tom. Still saying don't judge ships without looking underneath it first? That's kind of like saying, we need to look at the back of a man's head before we can make a judgement about the way his face looks.

Really, it hurts Mr. Tom here to know that Trek isn't the showbiz utopia he visualizes (especially since Moore's and Beltan's views have been remarkably in synch about the behind the sets things that happened in Voyager.)

You're pretty alone, Tom, to think, you're in a paradise.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
crobato: Y'know, this post makes a lot more sense in the other thread where you posted it. So, here, I have to ask, what the fuck are you talking about?
crobato
Ex-Member

quote:
Originally posted by TSN:
crobato: Y'know, this post makes a lot more sense in the other thread where you posted it. So, here, I have to ask, what the fuck are you talking about?

Because it wasn't meant for an intelligent person like you, that's why.

Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um... ha-ha?
Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Indeed, ha-ha. It IS funny. Even if it does nick the design of the Bidet-class (but with the nacelles higher up) and is totally anachronistic for the time period.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

J
Member # 608

- posted      Profile for J     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen that before... it's the logo Berman and Braga have on their business cards.

But it does show the current state of mind over this series.

--------------------
Later, J
_ _ _ _ _ ___ _ _ _ _ _
The Last Person to post in the late Voyager Forum. Bashing both Voyager, Enterprise, and "The Bun" in one glorious post.

[email protected]
http://webj.cjb.net

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps