Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Does anyone know if this is... (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Does anyone know if this is...
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...The Lexington or the Endeavour? Is there anyway to tell?

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Xoom

Moving on...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hehe...

...sorry 'bout that. I've fixed it.

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry, still can't see it. Maybe it's the dang computer.

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Okay, It should work now. I've used a different site.

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know it's a real tosser thing to do, but I'm going to do it anyway.

It's the Enterprise-E.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

LOL

I meant the frigging Nebula you frigging stand up comedian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL.

I love the arguments between you to.
Anyway, we probably will never tell, although I think it's the Endeavour. Where did we hear the Lexington was at the FC battle? Radio chatter? (I think I see a registry on the Nebula. Very faint...)

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wouldn't be surprised if it's actually the Farragut, as far as the registry and such are concerned.
Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why the Farragut?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they probably didn't bother to remove or fully change the labeling since the last Nebula appearance, which was in "Generations" as the Farragut.

And it could go either way as to being the Lexington or the Endeavour. We see no other Nebula and these two names we know to be Nebulas.

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: PopMaze ]

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Because they probably didn't bother to remove or fully change the labeling

The Generations-Farragut was a physical model. Isn't this Nebula from First Contact a CGI model?

[ July 17, 2001: Message edited by: Spike ]

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Dat
Huh?
Member # 302

- posted      Profile for Dat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At that angle, there's no certain way to tell if it's the physical or CGI model, but looking at the shape of the secondary hull around the main deflector, I'd say it was the physical model.

--------------------
Is it Friday yet?

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Going strictly from the stories and not the actual model labeling and such, I think (repeat I think) that Nebula is supposed to be the Lexington. If I remember correctly (read: I ain't too sure), the Endeavour was supposed to be a ship of a new class that was eventually dropped. The Endeavour was also supposed to be Admiral Hayes' flagship, and it was destroyed prior to the arrival of the Enterprise-E.

I couldn't find anything online to back that up because my searches came back with thousands of hits. ::shrug:: I think that's how it was supposed to go down. I'm sure someone will dogpile me here if I'm wrong.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think they'd even "built" the CGI Nebula model at this stage. Remember the lack of Nebula's in DS9's early CGI battle sequences? IIRC, the first appearence of the CGI Nebula was in "Duet", which first appeared over a year after First Contact.

If they'd had CGI Nebula's before then, they'd have used them in SofA. Thinking about it, it's possible that they started making the CGI model with the aim of getting it finished for SofA, but failed. It would explain why it appeared a short while later.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.