Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Freedom (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Freedom
Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I believe that the FF diagrams are accurate (well, the dorsal view anyway).
http://www.shiporama.org/junk/ff/freedom_dorsal.jpg

Look at the ship in the upper left corner of this BOBW capture. That's the Freedom for sure, strange bridge and all (not sure what parts they used for this monstrosity).

http://www.shiporama.org/junk/wolf3514.jpg

IP: Logged
Sunspot
Wasting Away
Member # 77

- posted      Profile for Sunspot     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
me likey the Freedom!!

------------------
"Chances thrown / Nothing's free / Looking for what used to be / Still it's hard / Hard to see / Fragile lives, shattered dreams..."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Pedro: That's what I said some time ago. Thanks for posting the top view, that one was missing. I also found the other diagrams

------------------
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer. (McCoy in "Devil in the Dark")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Augh! That vidcap does match the FF diagram! That means it's probably right! That means their Niagara is also probably right! Pleh!

------------------
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others."
-George Orwell's Animal Farm

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no. The diagram was done after the episode. The thing in the video capture could be anything, like that Merchantman prototype.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "No more jokes, Springer. Cybertron's in deadly danger. We're heading back there. Now."
Springer: "Yes sir, Mister Leader, sir."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The saucer of the FF schematic seems to match the one in the episode exactly. I think in the artist had a much better picture of the studio model than just a vidcap, otherwise he would probably have messed up the saucer and just taken an Ambassador or Galaxy saucer.
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice to see some pics for the Freedom that actually make it look like a respectable vessel.

I still think it's crazy to only have one nacelle though. Whatever happened to multiple redundancy?

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, it's starting to make sense after something I read on Bernd's new Starship Design Guidelines page - the Nebula-family nacelle has two, er, whatchamacallits, *looks* warp field coils inside and therefore doesn't violate the 'pairs of nacelles' rule - and would provide an excellent testbed for this new brand of nacelle! Of course, why they'd then make it a production class is less easy to explain. . .
Pedro
Ex-Member

You wanted to see it looking semi respectable? Well, it's still ugly, but I built an accurate 3D model of it the other day...

http://www.scifi-art.com/ubb/ubbhtml/Forum1/HTML/000208.html

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder where the impulse engines are on the Freedom-class......

------------------
Starfleet Corps of Engineers-Spacecraft Division
www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9266

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
-Darth Vader, Return of the Jedi
"Everything is proceeding as I have forseen."
-Emperor Palpatine, Return of the Jedi

deadcujo
Spectator
Member # 13

- posted      Profile for deadcujo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Either at the back of the saucer, or somewhere near the nacelle...unless they have some micro engines on that dinky little Pylon

------------------
The Unknown Vulcan

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Pedro, it's a fine mesh, but it's still a really ugly-*ss ship...

------------------
"I'm not stubborn. I'm just right."
-me

Pedro
Ex-Member

Yep. Ugly no matter what you do....
Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

I have just changed the text on my page in that the vertical arrangement of warp coils makes no sense according to the TNGTM. Questionable designs are:
- AGT Enterprise
- Freedom
- Niagara as depicted in FF
- Prometheus saucer

------------------
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer. (McCoy in "Devil in the Dark")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps