Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Space Stations w/ registry numbers??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Space Stations w/ registry numbers???
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Columbus' registry is conjecture. The only known footage of this shuttlecraft is a reuse of stock footage for the Galileo.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the Encyclopedia says its Shuttle #2, and I believe that.

--------------------
Meh

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the encyclopedia says an Oberth visually identified in TNG is actually an Olympic Class.

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Argh!!!! No more discussions on Encyclopedia officialness! Create a forum for it! I know the Biko is Oberth! I believe the Columbus is shuttle 02, and that is that! No one can stop me from believing that!

*Takes a breath*
Ahhhhh...

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
General Veers deserves a promotion!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To what? The only rank above General is the Soviet one of "Marshal."

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well then, here’s to 'Marshal' Veers!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
FWIW, Veers was a Major-General in ESB.
Treknophyle
Member # 509

- posted      Profile for Treknophyle     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am the very model of a modern Major-General,
I've information vegetable, animal, and mineral,
I know the kings of England, and I quote the fights
historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categorical;
I'm very well acquainted, too, with matters
mathematical,
I understand equations, both the simple and
quadratical,
About binomial theorem I'm teeming with a lot o' news,
With many cheerful facts about the square of the
hypotenuse.

--------------------
'One man's theology is another man's belly laugh.' - Lazarus Long

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

All right, I admit it. You're insane.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

You can call me Admiral, if you like.

--------------------
Meh

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Re: Trekno's signing...

"AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHH!!!" --Dr. Stephen Franklin

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just curious... Was Janeway's shuttle Starfleet property at all, or a civilian vessel? I didn't see obvious Starfleet markings, but there was a UFP emblem prominently visible, right?

As for the "Caretaker" shuttle, there are two possibilities. Either the people who shot the scenes cared a LOT about the scene: hence, they invented a rationale for why Stadi would be flying around in a shuttle, instead of giving Paris a turbolift ride to the ship - "this shuttle is coming from another ship that brough Paris here, since his parole proceedings took so long he couldn't accompany the Voyager"; they also invented a new rego for the ship and her shuttle, and finally did that little in-joke with the brief NCC-1701-D rego.

Or then they did not care at ALL: hence, they at first filmed the shuttle using an off-the-shelf, NCC-1701-D-labeled model; and only when nagged on the issue by somebody else did they decide to relabel the shuttle for close-ups, without bothering to ask HOW exactly it should be relabeled.

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

TIMO!!!!

Where have you been?

--------------------

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps