Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » NCC-63646??? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NCC-63646???
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is from Bernd's site, listed as an unknown Akira-class ship. Does anyone know where this comes from?

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a mis-reading of the Thunderchild's registry.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was what everyone originally thought the registry number was for the Akira class ship in First Contact, although we now know it is the USS Thunderchild NCC-63549
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, wait a minute. Here's what I know:

The U.S.S. Thunderchild's registry is NCC-63549.

The U.S.S. Spector's registry is NCC-65549.

The two registries were accidentally swapped in the Fact Files.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think they just told you that. it's a misread of the thunderchild's registry. i guess the starships: expanded list just hasn't removed it yet.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Oh, wait. I think I get it now. You're saying that YOU guys (the viewers) misread it. I thought you meant it was misread in the Fact Files or someplace...

Okay, Nevermind...

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was misread by someone who posted it on the Internet, and it spread from there as people simply accepted it since there was no better source.
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, the 65549 is an error in the encyclopedia....the Spector was invented by the Fact Files.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no, the spector was in "Message in a Bottle" (VOY)

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

It was the U.S.S. Rabin (NCC-63293) that was 'invented' by the Fact Files, but it still counts anyways.

--------------------

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

How do you know the Spector was that ship? The name wasn't visible, IIRC. Either way, it certainly didn't have the registry that the Fact Files suggests.
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well one of them was in "Message in a Bottle"
the other one may have been from DS9 somewhere...possibly that one that went into a spin over Chin'toka.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

Proof?
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Oh, no! You're not gonna pull that 'proof' one on us, are ya?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Frank: You're asking for proof from someone who thinks the Fact Files are canon? Seems quite the exercise in futility to me...
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps