Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » NCC-63646??? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: NCC-63646???
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mojo said that the Akira in "Message in a Bottle" was actually the Thunderchild... remember he also said that the two Defiants were BOTH labeled "Defiant"?

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I like to believe that the Akira was the Spector, and that the Defiants were both new ships we haven't heard the name for yet. One is labeled the Defiant, but I don't think it is, and the other can't be the Sao Paulo, it was launched sometime during or after "In the Pale Moonlight."

--------------------
Meh

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
the other can't be the Sao Paulo, it was launched sometime during or after "In the Pale Moonlight"

Now, how do you know that?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe because of the stardate on the dedication plaque.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It/they could still be one or more of the three other Defiant-class ships we saw in "Call to Arms".

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Lee
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oops. Forgot they put stardates on dedication plaques. . . B(

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Forgot what the stardate was, but I know it was close to "In the Pale Moonlight." (Actually, it's the only stardate mentioned in the sixth season)

--------------------
Meh

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Message in a Bottle -> 51462
In the Pale Moonlight -> 51721.3 (There were 7 stardates mentioned in Season 6)
Sao Paulo -> 52889.3

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Lee
Member # 393

So they'd just gone and launched it, named it for the people of Brazil, and then said "sorry, Brazil! This bald guy who runs and sulks in his dad's kitchen whenever a friend of his dies wants to change the name to Defiant!" Or maybe they just said "fuck Brazil!"

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Oops. My mistake. I thought that "In the Pale Moonlight" was the only one. It was close to it, though.
And why rename a ship? I liked it when it was called the Sao Paulo. And they went and renamed it "Defiant." I guess an adjective is better than one of the world's most populous cities in a hot, sweaty, South American country.

--------------------
Meh

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oi. Get over it people. I'm sure the people of Sao Paulo said, "They changed the name of our beloved warship!! Blast this interplanetary peaceful federation!! I know, lets make our OWN interplanetary federation! We'll name ALL the ships Sao Paulo! And nobody will stand in our way of galactic domination! MUWHAHAHAHA!"

I mean, really.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Or, maybe, Starfleet arranges to have another ship named USS Sao Paulo for the people of Brazil. A deal maker?
Capt. Sisko gets a Defiant and Brazilians get a Sao Paulo. I am curious as to what class the new Sao Paulo would be.

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Why Sao Paulo-Class of course

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A Miranda. And the people of Brazil revolted.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL, Psy!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.