Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » How many new classes ofFederation starship do you think we will see in Trek X? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How many new classes ofFederation starship do you think we will see in Trek X?
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Don't forget in Star Trek III, there was the new shuttlepod in Space Dock, not to mention the appearence of one of the 'excelsior try-outs' in the background and that 'cargo ship' seen sitting by one of the spacedock's inside prongs...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah!

It wasn't an Excelsior prototype, it was a Constitution prototype. The one from Phase II. (Look in the Art of Star Trek. It was the one on the top, the slightly longer one. Both it and the other one, and a bunch of Excelsior prototypes were later at Wolf 359 and Qualor II.)

And that freighter interests me very much. It would be cool if someone could do a drawing. The thing even has 2 connie-style nacelles visible in this pic from tAoST:

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/scans/other/er-spacedock-st3.jpg

The freighter is in the lower center, below the observation window, between the Ent and the Exc.

[ edited to link huge-ass picture -TSN ]

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: TSN ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've all seen this image many times. We've argued about this "ship" many, many times. And this is the only time I'm going to tell you:

LINK LARGE IMAGES!

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Umm, what? That wasn't large enough for ya? Or did you mean to have a DO NOT in there somewhere?

I know the ship has been looked at before, I just wanted to post a pic 'cause the subject came up.

From the quotations around "ship" in your post, am I to glean that you are one of the sad individuals who cannot see that it is one?

If you are not, I apologize, no offense is intended.

MMoM

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I say "link large images" I mean to link to them, as in use a little thing called an < a href > tag or a [ URL ] tag, not post it inline.

And I said "ship" because there are some people who think it is a ship, and there are some people who don't. I could go either way. I just didn't want to incite a riot.

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: Mr. Christopher ]

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Ah, I see.

Next time I'll link.

In fact, on second thought, I'll go back and do it now.

--------------------

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well I'll be damned! TSN beat me to it. Sorry, Tim, I was just about to do that.

--------------------

Yakaspat The Trekker
Member # 355

- posted      Profile for Yakaspat The Trekker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sol System:
I think you mean Insurrection.

HAHAHA....oops....

Sorry, you are quite right, thanks.

Lance

TheTrekker's Officer's Bible:
http://thetrekker.homestead.com

--------------------
TheTrekker's Officer's Bible: A Concise Review of the Starfleet
http://www.thetrekker.org

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
YOU CAN'T TELL WHAT THAT SHIP IS?!!! IT'S THE ENTERPRISE! IT SAYS ON THE SIDE!!!

Seriously, it looks like some sort of cargo freighter, with four or so containers. The bridge is that thing with the windows in front.

--------------------
Meh

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The only thing I see there is 3 of those little shuttles.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here, Shik:

Star Trek III Mystery Ship

I cropped the original picture and circled the supposed ship in a red-ish oval.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

I've showed it to people before, and they've said they can't see the nacelles, but if you look closely, you can see them. They are obviously smaller versions of the Connie refit type, and they protrude from each side near the front. You can see the whole of the portside one, and the tip of the starboard peeking out from behind the front end.

Does anyone have a pic of the Connie prototype ship that was in there, too? (In this pic, the Ent has pulled in front of it already.)

[ July 22, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's the same picture I posted earlier, but I've included an inset of the supposed cargo barge and highlighted the port nacelle.

Mystery Ship Nacelle Highlight

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gack! You think that's a ship?? I always saw it as part of Spacedock.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Well, in the actual video, it's not as clear and it's quite hard to tell, but in this publicity still you can see rather well.

Hey Siggy? Can you high light the starboard nacelle as well?

Can anyone draw a schematic? I think there is a sufficient view to extrapolate the overall shape. Someone who likes to draw up that sort of thing?

--------------------

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps