Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » How many new classes ofFederation starship do you think we will see in Trek X? (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: How many new classes ofFederation starship do you think we will see in Trek X?
Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish I could, Mim, but I can't. And that is a ship, Shik, (say it three times fast) but just a ship someone painted on there.

--------------------
Meh

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's really hard to see the starboard nacelle on this ship. I had find it based on the direction of the light source and the shadow that it was casting on the support arm of Spacedock:

Star Trek III Cargo Ship

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And here's an earlier thread about this same topic from about a year and a half ago:

Space Dock Cargo Ship

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back to the matter at hand...

According to a release from TrekToday, so far we're looking at the possibility of two new ships. The first is the Shuttlecraft Argo which will be carrying the "Jeep" that the crew uses on the planet. TrekToday describes it as a version of the standard shuttle that is able to carry land-based vehicles.

The other ship will be the U.S.S. Titan, although it's unknown if it will actually be shown or not. The Titan will be the ship that...

SPOILER
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$

Captain Riker takes command of at the end of the film, and brings his new bride, Deanna Troi, with him.

I personally am hoping they change the name of it, so as not to contradict my Titan Class Starship Design

Veers
You first
Member # 661

The Titan? Oh,no. I sense danger in this ship...

--------------------
Meh

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well if recent happenings are any indication, the Titan will probably be a modified Akira.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

No, no, Veers, that's Titanic. You sense much danger in Titanic.

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

MIB
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey. I just thought of something. If Trek X does turn out to be the last TNG film like some rumors have suggested, will the Star Trek saga continue with the U.S.S. Titan?
IP: Logged
Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aherm. *steps onto his incidental facts and useless information soapbox*

Before the Titanic and her sister ships Olympic and Britannic were constructed, a book of fiction was written which dealt with the terrible disaster of one ocean liner, aptly named the Titan. It was huge, it was luxurious, it was the best ship in the world. This fictional vessel was also supposedly unsinkable. But the Titan struck an iceberg one night during a crossing of the Atlantic and went down with much loss of life, because of the inadequate number of lifeboats.

*steps off of his incidental facts and useless information soapbox* Thank you.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

-Eleanor Arroway, "Contact" by Carl Sagan

Veers
You first
Member # 661

The book was called "Futility," written in 1898 by Morgan Robertson.
*gets tarred and feathered by non-caring members*

--------------------
Meh

Daniel
Member # 453

- posted      Profile for Daniel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*applauds* Bravo, bravo Veers! I say, what an eclectic bunch we have here. How wonderfully cool! I actually didn't know the title, but came across the story when I was in my "Ocean Liners of the Early Twentieth Century" craze.

--------------------
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Was some of that sarcasm?

--------------------
Meh

Daniel
Member # 453

*blink blink* Huh? No. I don't do sarcasm like that. I thought that was cool!

[ July 23, 2001: Message edited by: Daniel ]

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Oh. Sorry about accusing you like that. It is cool, isn't it?

--------------------
Meh

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And damned freaky to boot.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps