Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » U.S.S. Santa Maria (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: U.S.S. Santa Maria
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
And, what was this calendar like? Was it like one of those monthly ones, with one picture a month, or a tear-off one, with a picture each day? If so, it must have had some sort of caption. Does anyone have it?

Yeah, this is a calender for the 2002 year with a different starship scenic shot for each month. As for a capture, I haven't bought the calendar yet, so I can't check it out.

Back to the name, I'm not so sure that the last four letters are Hope. The only letter that's really clear in the close-up is the "P." The others letters are too blurry to really tell, but I guess "hope" is as good a guess as any.

I did a search of "hope" and (assuming it's named for a geographic feature), there's a Mount Hope in Alaska, cities named Hope in Alaska, Arkansas, and North Carolina, a port named Hope in North Carolina. There's also a hospital in Chicago called Hope.

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The 2002 SOTL calender isn't anything special. Most of the shots are 'stylized' ones, where the ships are VERY blurred, or the pic is grainy... There are only maybe 3 good pics in the entire thing. And the centerfold of the E-E and GCS Challenger (which also says ENTERPRISE is spots) is a great picture, but is B&W! *pissed*

--------------------
Sheridan: "Well, as answers go, short, to the point, utterly useless and totally consistant with what I've come to expect from a Vorlon..."
Kosh: "Good."
Sheridan: "I REALLY hate it when you do that..."
Kosh: "Good."

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey Vorlon,

We're not talking about SoTL. We're talking about another calender from FI. And since we're hoping to get Mojo to help us out, maybe you shouldn't be so eager to overtly bash his new product.

Just a suggestion.

But, he DID start athread a while back, asking folks their opinions on the 2002 SoTL. Here it is:

http://flare.solareclipse.net/cgi2/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=6&t=001275

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been playing around on Adobe Photoshop, and I'm convinced that the last word is indeed 'Hope.'

The word before it has approximately 5 0r possibly 6 letters, with the 3rd letter being an A.

"U.S.S. xxAxx(x) HOPE"

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No. There's a fifth letter there, right on the edge of the pic. It makes sense otherwise the name is lopsided with reference to the registry.

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
Member # 646

Huh?

--------------------

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um heap big fifth letter bilong second word him live on de right. OK?

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*lol*
Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I bet it's the U.S.S. False Hope.

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It would not make me at all sad if a starships registry preceded its class ship. I would just think that it was contracted (funded (with supplies, not money because there is none) and assigned a number and name) but wasnt built until its class was decided by the fact that a class came out with a later number

Or maybe its a saucer from a Nebula refit into a Galaxy class with a snazzy new secondary hull

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps