Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Enterprise-C (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: The Enterprise-C
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What was her exact quote in the movie?

BTW, the graphic novel Debt of Honor depicts the newly demoted Captain and Doctor Taylor chilling on his yacht (a sailing one yes, but i couldnt see the bottom to see if it would fit under his saucer) awaiting the birth of the whale.. um .. pups.
He had to steal the 1701-A (!) to go fight extradimensional predators in the neutral zone, but made it back in time to see the birth and share some Chateau Picard with Gill.

Its, IMO, one of the best comics it spans from the Farragut at Tycho all the way until post-ST:IV and has lots of fun guests along the way. It only got too ambitious by trying to explain Kor's lack of head-ridges. And Kirks old half-Roumlan half Vulcan girlfriend showing up 30 years later with a grown up kid seems a little suspicious for the continuity minded (So they met in 2254.. its 2286 now.. oh, your daughter is 32? my..)

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC, the quote goes like this:

"You're going to your ship, I'm going to mine. Science vessel. I've got 300 years of catchup learning to do."

She never mentions that it's a space ship. Hell, since she's studying whales, it could be a submarine for all we know.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it probably refers to her new job chilling with the whales, changing their diapers, whatever

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that the graphic novel where the yacht was named Edith Keeler? I think I've seen that...

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
Member # 709

Kirk has an ancient (22nd century sailing revival) schooner he rebuilt named Edith Keeler. Described in 'Dreadnought!'

However, the yacht pictured in 'Debt of Honor' couldnt be it, because it is a modern built yacht.

Kirk's schooner was wooden, and Piper stated that the 'y' word wasnt allowed because it was a manned sailing vessel, not a pleasure craft and had no powered engines save for a sealed emergency motor.

The boat in 'Debt' may have been Taylors science ship, since they were using it to follow the whales.

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oy.

Whales have calves, by the way.

capped
Member # 709

i knew it was probably something dumb like that.

the novelisation of ST:IV had the probe finding the whales conversation a little dull i think.. ill look it up.

did it go on to the Klingon homeworld to see if its old friends that hump-headed whales were still there? 'We killed them.. they were troublesome' 'Do they still sing songs of the great whale hunt?'

--------------------

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.