Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Very Cool Pics (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Very Cool Pics
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe 'cause it came out of a STARFLEET surplus depot. (Qualor II)

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers said:

"Now, there's a ship at the top of the page, above the big Akira. It's on top of an Intrepid and above a Galaxy. It has a blue deflector. I think it's an Ambassador. FYI, it was in "Call to Arms." Or, it's an Excelsior."

That's a Steamrunner.

--Jonah

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, no! It's at the top of the page, at the very top. Place your finger on the deflector of the big Akira in the center, and move it up to where the picture stops. Your finger should be near a ship with nacelles and white lighting, and a light blue deflector dish. That doesn't look like a Steamrunner to me.
Watch your tape of "Call to Arms," and it'll be there, towards the top of the screen.

--------------------
Meh

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be reminded a lot of those ships aren't from episodes, they are CGI creations...

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's a Steamrunner. Trust us this debate was had a great length a few years back. People that ship was everything from a Constitution to an Oberth. But after much headbanging sane people all agreed that it's a Steamrunner.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Veers
You first
Member # 661

IT IS NOT A STEAMRUNNER! It's got nacelles connected to the main hull by those pylons! It's got a saucer! A STEAMRUNNER DOES NOT! It's a regular ship design, not from FC! A Steamruner has nacelles built into the hull! Someone back me up! The ship at the top of the page, by the Intrepid, is not a Steamrunner! Grrrrr...

--------------------
Meh

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The steamrunner does have a saucer.
And that's the engineering/deflector pod not the secondary hull. Those nacelles connect to the upper side of the saucer, you can see that they visually touch the saucer but because this is an underside shot you can't see the distinctive join.

It is a Steamrunner. We've been here before. It's an old, old topic.

--------------------
"My theories appal you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters and you don't like my tie." - The Doctor

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Definitely.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Veers
You first
Member # 661

OK, now that I look at it, I can sort of see the resemblence. Just, could someone enlarge it? That may take me over to the Steamrunner side of the Force.

Please?

--------------------
Meh

Veers
You first
Member # 661

*looks in Encyclopeida*

D'oh! It is a Steamrunner! The famous Marshal was worng!
Quick! Don't tell Lord Vader!

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, shit! I coulda told you that!

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You were worng? Interesting.

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Veers
You first
Member # 661

In the words of Han Solo, Empire Strikes Back:
"Laugh it up, fuzzball."

--------------------
Meh

Peregrinus
Curmudgeon-at-Large
Member # 504

- posted      Profile for Peregrinus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, it happens. Nothing is more embarassing than shooting with an unstrung bow, but as long as we keep our heads everything should be able to be worked out.

I, too, fell victim to the insidious optical illusion that is the Steamrunner. I spent the entire summer hiatus after "Call to Arms" aired looping that final fleet shot. It wasn't until I saw that one of those "Constitutions" -- when seen from an oblque angle -- didn't have an interconnecting dorsal. That's when it clicked for me, and I could go back to hunting down the fourth Defiant...

--Jonah

P.S. Little aside, but considering the size of that fleet, the fact that in that huge fleet we had three other Defiants moving in fairly close proximity, and the fact that the original Defiant headed for that spot in particular to fall in... I know it can't be proved or disproved, but I tend to believe that Defiants optimally operate in squadrons (or packs ) of four.

--------------------
"That's what I like about these high school girls, I keep getting older, they stay the same age."

--David "Woody" Wooderson, Dazed and Confused

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Um, I may be wrong (I accidentaly taped over most of that scene), but I thought that there were only two other Defiants in that scene, and the Defiant was that third one.

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.