Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Akira Class (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Akira Class
Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I may break with standard policy and investigate this issue #119...
That Akira pic would look just peachy on my bedroom's hall of fame!

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
#117 not #119 I was going from memory earlier.

It's hard to miss. It's got an akira on the cover.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK.

------------------
"I AM THE SPIDER!!!!"
- Vic Reeves

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as for the escape pods, the DS9TM suggests that there are currently two types of pods in use: 6-seaters (like the Defiant's) and 8-seaters (which I assume are the Sov. type). Now, as for why Galaxys still have square ones, I assume that they still just have the same covers on the hull, but the pods underneath are the new ones...

------------------
"I'm not stubborn. I'm just right."
-me

Identity Crisis
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Akira seems to have two sizes of escape pods. The ones on the saucer are larger than the ones on the top edge of the nacelle pylons.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... They also look to be the same truncated-triangle shape as the big ones. Perhpas each size of lifeboat comes in different designs...

------------------
-me

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What happened to that registry they gave the Thunderchild in the FF that I requested?

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Identity Crisis
Member # 67

FF registries:

NCC-62497 USS Akira
NCC-63293 USS Rabin
NCC-63549 USS Spector
NCC-65549 USS Thunderchild

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Okay, does that convince everyone that the Fact Files are not only inaccurate, but a bit loopy?)

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "No more jokes, Springer. Cybertron's in deadly danger. We're heading back there. Now."
Springer: "Yes sir, Mister Leader, sir."

bear
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for bear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is off the subject , but here I go...
I WISH that we would get to see Galaxies regain the prestige of their former TNG fame. In other words I would like to see the Galaxy class be the unstoppable ship that they were in TNG.

Thoughts?

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Psst What is LUG?

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last Unicorn Games, makers of a Trek RPG.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "No more jokes, Springer. Cybertron's in deadly danger. We're heading back there. Now."
Springer: "Yes sir, Mister Leader, sir."

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Vorlon has been cleaning up the existing Akira diagrams and now has some excellent schematics. Here is a combined view. Individual ones are available, if you ask him nicely. . . 8)
TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Well, the only reaction I can come up w/ is... HOLY CR*P! :-)

------------------
-me

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should see the individual pics. MASSIVE high-quality PNGs. I have the full set, natch. � )
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps