Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » SPOILERS***'ENTERPRISE'

Author Topic: SPOILERS***'ENTERPRISE'
colin
Member # 217

- posted      Profile for colin         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
$
The Bible says that Starfleet has existed for twenty years prior to SS Enterprise NX-01, or 2131. This is an opinion survey.
Do you believe that previous starships will
a.) have NCC- in their registry?
-or-
b.) have a differnt combination of letters, say NAR-, in their registry?

My opinion is that, since this is a Earth Starfleet, the answer might be b.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I honestly can't even hazard a guess about the Earth Starfleet ship registration system. The Enterprise Bible says that the Enterprise is a brand new ship with a revolutionary warp drive system capable of awesome exploration, etc. Hence, the NX-01 registry being used to mark a new direction in ship technology.

Assuming the long length of time for ship construction, we shouldn't see another NX/NCC registry (assuming that this is the familiar NX = experimental and NCC = production vessel scheme). Thus, anything before the Enterprise should be using a different registry scheme. NAR? Maybe. UES? Maybe. NCX? Maybe. IOU? Maybe.

Anything's possible except for NX/NCC (see earlier assumption note) for the first couple years of the series.

Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is it official the Enterprise starts in the year 2151? For all we know it might start in 2171 or something...

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, it's official that the Enterprise series is starting in 2151. Rick Berman and Scott Bakula have both confirmed this in the various press releases.

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps