Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Sydneys in Generations. (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Sydneys in Generations.
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Watching the Hawking again, it's nacelles are in fact identical to the ones in STV. There are no bussard collectors or anything, and they are just rectangular shaped.

On the discussion of Sydneys, watched "Trials And Tribble-ations" today, and the upside-down Sydney that carries the temporal agents has it's name on the back. It wasn't clear enough to read the name, but the name is definatly just 4 letters. This fits perfectly with the USS Nash we saw labeled. Of course, we have no clue what the registry reads (hopefully not NCC-2010 or NCC-2010-B!)

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A) i meant galaxy not enterprise type nacelles
B) I must be thinking about the type 7 (see encyclopedia)

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It may be on the model, but I hate the "NCC-2010" and "NCC-2010-B" registries. That numbering scheme, I say, is only for the Enetrprise!

--------------------
Meh

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, even if it didn't belong to Enterprise, NCC-2010 belongs to the USS Jenolan.
AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it's in tribute to the 'lost' Jenolen which was the ship that Montogomery "Scotty" Scott disappeared on? And since Kirk died on the E-B... there was already going to be a 'tribute' to that ship... the E-C.

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Seems a rather morbid way of "honoring" either Scott or the ship, though.

"..And so we register this new vessel to show how much we appreciate the older vessel that so valiantly disappeared with Captain Scott on board, so that we never saw him again..."

"..And so we like to commemorate our fallen hero by perpetuating the registry of the ship that sailed him to his doom..."

Timo Saloniemi

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Veers: I didn't mean to be pissy way back there on page 1. I was just trying to explain what I meant.

I would agree that these large shuttles had to have come from the Farragut, The other two ships would be too small.

As for the Runabout issue. It's very clear that Danubes are independant starships. They have names and unique registries. However, it's also clear that they seem to always be attached to something. A starbase or a starship. I've always been of the mindset that starbases and larger starships carry runabouts as large auxilary crafts though they are in fact starships in themselves.

I guess the same could be true for these large shuttles, but the lack of obvious warp nacelles seems to preclude that (and, no, sticking pieces of galaxy class nacelles on the model doesn't automatically make them nacelles )

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, no, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to the MMoM. It was a late response to the "Valiant" thing.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"A) i meant galaxy not enterprise type nacelles"

*grr*"Enterprise-type"*grr*

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps