Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Models in Sisko's Office(eency-teency non-$ - TDDWP) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Models in Sisko's Office(eency-teency non-$ - TDDWP)
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In TDDWP, in Sisko's Office (hence the title) we see some sort of Nebula variant I've never seen before...

Thoughts?

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I notied that too. I believe that it's the extended secondary hull-version, which a sketch was seen back at SFCR. I'll try and find that...

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

------------------

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

This proves my theory that there are four Nebula variations.

1. Phoenix-type
2. Sutherland-type
3. Farragut-type, with more windows
4. This new kind

------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While we are talking about Sisko's models, here's a list of what the 4 are:

USS Saratoga NCC-31911, Miranda III class
USS ????? NCC-?????, Nebula IV class
USS Horizon NCC-176, Daedalus class
International Space Station (ISS)

The ISS is a recent addition to his office, might I add.

My question is, why would he want a model of the Horizon and this weird Nebula in his office? Unless either he himselfor a relative served on them.

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and would any care to help classify which Nebulas belong to which type? My guess would be the regular Nebulas, which I am guessing the Sutherland is, is practically every Nebula. The Farragut is Type II (since she was built earliest). Any other of the Type II kind? The Phoenix would be Type III. This new kind I'll just stick as Type IV for now.

------------------

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's been some sort of space station model in Sisko's office since the start of the series, IIRC.

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Saltah'na
Chinese Canadian, or 75% Commie Bastard.
Member # 33

- posted      Profile for Saltah'na     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This same model is displayed in a Star Trek TNG book I saw, I think it was "The Continuing Generation", not sure *makes mental note to check out bookstore*.

That variation was originally supposed to be the U.S.S. Sutherland in Redemption. Yes, I swear I saw that same model. Kinda sleek and cool looking, if you ask me....

------------------
I can resist anything.......
Except Temptation

[This message was edited by Tahna Los on April 17, 1999.]

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps Sisko, like many of us, simply likes to have cool looking models in his office.

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*squints* Is that a new design of pod, as well? In fact, doesn't it look a lot, well, flatter than other Nebulas? If it was a new class, I wonder which one of the many 'lost' classes it could be? Of course, it's gotta be a Nebula really. . .

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody ever think that perhaps Sisko made these models himself?

------------------
Starfleet Corps of Engineers-Spacecraft Division
www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9266

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
-Darth Vader, Return of the Jedi
"Everything is proceeding as I have forseen."
-Emperor Palpatine, Return of the Jedi

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a nebula-class model in MY office at work, too.. until the dictionaries fell over and knocked it from the shelf, breaking off the saucer and one nacelle...

------------------
*I only SEEM Normal*

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Well, there is another weird thing about this model. The engineering hull isn't really extended, its just moved back. Look under the saucer, the deflector dish doesn't reach the midpoint of the saucer like it should. The nacelles pylons are moved back as well, they aren't underneath the saucer. As for "The Contuining Mission" book, there was never a model built. The only Nebula models pictures is a side view of Sutherland, a rear view of Sutherland, and a side view of Phoenix. The picture that Federation Shipmaster posted is also there.

------------------

The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He's right. I LIKE this model. It looks sleek and powerful, not words you usually use to describe the Nebula-class.

I keep thinking the nacelles are higher, but I've checked and they're not. But, unless, it's the angle, they too appear further back. . .

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm. Looks like they painted the Melbourne model.

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Ultra Magnus: "I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy...okay, give me the bomb."

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps