Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Models in Sisko's Office(eency-teency non-$ - TDDWP) (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Models in Sisko's Office(eency-teency non-$ - TDDWP)
The First One
A lovely little thinker, but a bugger when he's pissed
Member # 35

- posted      Profile for The First One         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great Scott! It would seem so. . .

------------------
"I am greater than the stars for I know that they are up there and they do not know that I am down here." - William Temple

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It looks like they may have taken a regular Galaxy saucer/neck/sec. hull, and put the nacelles on in Nebula fashion. Could this be how they originally designed the Neb., and only later removed the neck and moved up the sec. hull?

Also, as for the comment on the pod... It looks like it might be the orignal Phoenix pod. This would also match Frank's theory that this is the podless model from TNG. Since that model had the double struts (like the Phoenix), it might also have the same pod...

------------------
"Somebody put their fingers in the President's ears; it wasn't too much later they came out with Johnson's wax."
-They Might Be Giants, "Purple Toup�e"

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, this is exactly like the Melbourne. Sisko actually turns the model some, and you can see that there isn't really a pod on it, just the top of the two struts, like the Melbourne

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh. I guess the struts get longer at the top, then?

And it would appear that they did alter the neck somehow from a regular Gal., because it's not as long or as tall as it would be...

------------------
"...brevity is the soul of wit, and tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes..."
-Polonius to Queen Gertrude, Hamlet, act II, scene II

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That sketch was from "The Continuing Mission."
Does anyone have a pic of his ISS model?
What is IIRC?!?!??!?!

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Generally interpretted as "if I remember correctly," I believe.

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Chew on this, from Ed Miarecki's new site:

http://www.edmiarecki.com/Formatting/p11.html

That Melbourne model has four nacelles. I think it's probably not the same model as the one in Cisco's office...

IP: Logged
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, great, this screws everything up. A Nebula with 4 nacelles. And why are the nacelles different sizes? I must admit Sisko's model isn't exactly the same, but what if they just stuck some different kind of pod on there instead of the nacelles?

------------------
"The one, the only, THE 359!"

Pedro
Ex-Member

I can tell you from experience that it's harder to take apart a model and rebuid it than to make a new one from a kit. These guys don't do shoddy work (even on background stuff), so I doubt he would just rip off the nacelles and add a pod.

The smaller nacelles and pylons are obviously taken from the smaller Enterprise kit. I wouldn't neccessarily count it as a 'real' nebula variant, it could be chalked up to artistic liscence (remember sticking extra missiles all over your airplane models?). It is kind of neat, though...

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

Hm... If it's the same model, it's odd that little nacelles' Bussards aren't noticible on the one in Sisko's office. However, it does indeed seem to be the same model. Its appearance in "Future Imperfect" would have been a lot easier to explain away than this.

I also don't like the fact that it has the Melbourne's name and registry on it, seeing as the Melbourne was Excelsior-class...

------------------
"...brevity is the soul of wit, and tediousness the limbs and outward flourishes..."
-Polonius to Queen Gertrude, Hamlet, act II, scene II

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Solutions:

Those nacelles were on a future ship, a future that doesn't look very likely.

In that universe, the Melbourne could be a new-build ship that wasn't built in our universe.

I don't think that the model in the office has the four nacelles. Does anyoen haev a pic when he turns it a little bit?

------------------

Trinculo
Ex-Member

In the ready room of the USS Phoenix NCC-65420, there is a model of a starship. This starship has no registry. Can this model's class be identified?
Brown_supahero
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Brown_supahero     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ain't this the same model Riker had when he was Captain in that alternate future?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, according to the picture Pedro posted.

------------------
"I'm sick, like Nixon was sick, my defeated heart keeps beating on. I won't die, like Chucky won't die."
--
They Might Be Giants

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

The two smaller nacelles could be for auxiliary use only.

How do we knwo Sisko doesn't just like to kitbash Starfleet model kits? After all, Riker could have gotten it from him.

------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps