Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Unknown "thing" from TNG "Symbiosis" (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Unknown "thing" from TNG "Symbiosis"
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I also got this:

It was hovering in front of the USS Enterprise-D. I haven�t seen the show, so, anyone who knows? What is it?

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Round?

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Weird. In "Symbiosis", the only space objects were two planets and a star, plus the easily recognizable freighter "Sanction". What the episode *should* have had was probes, since it opened with the Enterprise probing an interesting star. But no, Picard chose to fly the entire ship to that risky approach for some reason...

I'll check the tape by Monday.

Timo Saloniemi

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A UFO!?!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's quite obviously the Death Star after it has started to go grey from the stress of continuoisly being blown up.

Hey, who would win in a fight between the Death Star and the Enterprise anyway?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Enterprise would whip the Death Star's ass because Star Trek is awesome and better than Star Wars. What's more interesting is a battle between the Enterprise and her Type 12 phasers and Mark 9 quantum torpedoes and tricobalt devices against the 170 meter long Valiant-class Defiant and her Type 7 phaser cannons and torpedo systems.

Yes, I was deliberately highlighting some of the significant Trek debates of the past three years.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
(Valiant-class?)
HOW DARE YOU INSULT THE STAR WARS UNIVERSE! YOU WANT TO TAKE THIS OUT ON THE STAR WARS FORUM? Star Wars is by far a better series, they have faster ships, better weapons, better FILMS AND BOOKS (which are all official and canon, in comparison to Star Trek). The franchise has made millions more, and no Star Trek film has ever made more than $200 million. All the SW movies are in the top 15 hits of all time! I would not care if George Lucas crushed ST with the billions he has. Star Trek would not be like it is today without ILM and SW! The Death Star would fire one turbolaser and blow up any Prometheus class vessel! Siegfried, you and I have become bitter enemies !

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Wars is dumb.

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, great. I just provoked an angry rant from a Star Wars fanboy. I've become bitter enemies with Veers! The horror! The funky horror!

I swear. It like everyone has gone into an extreme mode of violence. Everyone just needs to settle down and suck on some helium.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star what?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I seriously hope that was a joke, Veers. If it was, you need to work on your delivery. If not, you desperately need a life...
Veers
You first
Member # 661

It seems the Star Trek geeks are mad...

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're mad?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh-oh. The Star Wars geek is insulting people.

Wait -- why is a Star Wars geek browsing a Star Trek BBS?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

You can't blame people who have the there! And I happen to like Star Trek, just that I like Star Wars more.
So there.
What's this about the Valiant-class? When did that debate come up in three years?

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps