Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Some Ent miscellany... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Some Ent miscellany...
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Starfleet General Order 4 (aka GO 7) that forbids excessive use of continuity on the pain of death?"

That was a nice joke masked in an extremely nerdy piece of knowledge there Timmy. Were you testing us?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's the first time I've ever seen Timo referred to as "Timmy"...
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What, Tim, afraid you'll lose your carefully built-up name-recognition and drawing power?

Gauging the number of pictures by the fasteners on the wall is a great idea, actually. The fasteners seem to be spaced at roughly (4/3)s the width of each picture. That would mean that the picture after the carrier (the shuttle, presumably) would have a fasterner centered on it, the one after that would have it on the near side of centred, and then there'd be one final pic before the fastener in the near corner. That makes five.

Now, supposing that the Ent-(-A) is the last ship in the series, then number 4 is almost certainly the hoopship. Somebody cue the 1812 overture.

But if the last ship isn't the Ent-(-A) but instead another predecessor, we might have another newish design on our hands. Somebody cue the 1812 overture with live cannons.

[ August 07, 2001: Message edited by: The_Tom ]

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*counts on fingers over and over*

I think my wee-hours-of-the-morning math skills are somewhat lacking. A (4/3) of the picture width fastener spacing would mean 4 pictures. Argh.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps