Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ent-(-A) Deck 1 layout

Author Topic: Ent-(-A) Deck 1 layout
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a fit of extreme boredom I tried to draw up what the Ent-(-A) bridge looks like from overhead. Exact position of consoles is a little screwy in more than a few places and there's a bit of guesswork regarding step placement in the center of the bridge. But I think it's a good starting point to understanding the layout of the thing.

Proof positive why Tom isn't a draftsman

Any comments?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice!

Is that an airlock behind the bridge -- ?

And, er, oh yes: I rather disagree. You are a draftsman!

[ August 05, 2001: Message edited by: MeGotBeer ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*lloks at picture, screams* Look out, he's got a grenade!

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Funny, I don't remember there being forward-facing consoles on the port and starboard sides of the Pre-E bridge...

Also I think the front of the bridge is truncated somewhat. I really didn't like the Sovereign bridge in this respect (everything just sorta stopped at the con/ops consoles, and there's this huge empty space until you get to the viewer). I hope there's something in front of Mayweather's station to fill in the gap.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mark: Sato's Comm Console is the one to port. I'm assuming there's a comparable one to starboard.

(note the end of the science station's railing behind her)

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, whaddaya know..

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is that a Microsoft Natural keyboard near her lap????

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So there are dragons on the bridge? Fascinating concept...

That's actually an excellent diagram. But I do think that there has to be something in the forward part of the bridge. It would be boring and an inefficient use of space to just sport nothing there. Maybe there are minor stations and displays flanking the main viewer? It's just a thought.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

Heh... I didn't notice the grenade until now.

Anyway, after reviewing the ET Online clip again I 've tweaked the stairs a bit. Clearly there's gotta be something below and ahead of Mayweather's console that's worth walking to...

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps