Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Endgame Fleet ($$$) (Page 4)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Endgame Fleet ($$$)
Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and here's what I make of the fleet.

"Galaxy 8" could be steamrunner, but I can't see any sigh of ramscoops in the sauser.

"Excelsior 4" could be a galaxy, but given the aparent height of the nacelles, its probably excelsior.

"Uncertain 1" could be yet another galaxy but its a funny angle so I can't tell what it is for sure.

"Uncertain 2" is either a defiant or a Saber, given that there doesn't appear to be any other sabers a defiant is the more likely, but again, it is too hard to tell for sure.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm gonna have to disagree with you there on Excelsior 4, Rev, because at that angle, the nacelles should be LONGER then that.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think its an Excelsior.

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It might be a Galaxy. It looks a bit like a Sovereign, but it isn't. It's either a Galaxy or an Excelsior.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it has to be an Excelsior because of the height of the nacelles, as Reverend speculates. But the saucer looks quite large from the angle we have.

'Uncertain 1' could be a another Nebula, and 'Defiant 4' I think is possibly another Excelsior.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excelsior three is definately an Ambassador class vessel.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha.

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

You're not serious, Jack...

--------------------
Meh

Toadkiller
Member # 425

- posted      Profile for Toadkiller     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe if we all believe hard enough it will come true!

You didn't clap loud enough - Tinkerbell's DEAD!

--------------------
Twee bieren tevreden, zullen mijn vriend betalen.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh, Jack, they haven't used the Ambassador class model since midway through TNG. They certainly didn't CGI one. Add to that fact that Excelsior 3's nacelles are way longer than an Ambassador class's.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I swear to god that Excelsior 3 is really an Ambassador class ship. I read somewhere on the net that Ambassador class ships were in use even during the Dominion War, so why not after it too?

--------------------
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...because there is no Ambassador class model available to film.
Veers
You first
Member # 661

*smacks Jack Crusher*
What's wrong with you, dude? That's an Excelsior! The last time we saw an Ambassador was "Emissary."
Starfleet may have used them during the war, but we never saw any!

--------------------
Meh

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not to mention that, of all the Excelsiors in that picture, #3 probably looks the least like an Ambassador...
Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

I swear to god that Excelsior 3's nacelles look like those of an Ambassador, and, for the record, I could argue that the f___ing Prometheus could be an Intrepid class variant with two extra nacelles.

--------------------
(Bender's head blows up)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps