Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Endgame Fleet ($$$) (Page 5)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Endgame Fleet ($$$)
USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree, they do LOOK like Ambassador nacelles from that angle. but unfortunately there is no cgi Ambassador.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, lets hear what you have to say about why Prometheus is an Intrepid variant...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm 100% sure that is an Excelsior. Look in the Encyclopedia, for God's sake!
As for the Prometheus, you could argue it, but it wouldn't be right. So there.

--------------------
Meh

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If only it were that easy to prove a case. "So there!"

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Veers
You first
Member # 661

That is in no way an Ambassador-class starship. It may look like one to Jack Crusher, but it is NOT one.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually going for it being a Galaxy. About the height of the nacelles, you're assuming they are the front of Excelsior nacelles. What about if they're the back of Galaxy nacelles, just peaking out from beneath the saucer due to the angle of the shot?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

THAT STARSHIP IS AN EXCELSIOR CLASS VESSEL! NOT A GALAXY, AMBASSADOR, OR ANY OTHER SHIP! CAN'T YOU SEE?

--------------------
Meh

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are you guys talking about #3? If you are, then you're all delusional. How can there even be a debate about this? The thing's in PROFILE for God's sake! I thought Jack_Crusher was just joking.

LOOK at the thing for God's sake!

[ September 04, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

--------------------
The flaws we find most objectionable in others are often those we recognize in ourselves.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, that's an Excelsior. I (and Jack, I think), was talking about "Excelsior 4" on Reverend's pic.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

BTW, in this day and age of CGI ships, doesn't the Galaxy trio (1, 2 and 3) look suspiciously cut and pasted? Lazy monkeys.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

Maybe Jack can clarify for us. He's already said that "Excelsior three is definately an Ambassador class," and he's also sworn to God that it is one.
Now, unless Jack doesn't know what the numbers "3" and "4" look like, I'd say he was talking about the ship Mim enlarged.

--------------------
Meh

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

Jack obviously suffers either from number blindness, or starship design blindness. Which is more dangerous in todays fast-paced consumer society?

--------------------

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
well my (so not professional) opinion is that is an Excelsior, i believe its being seen from a frontal angle. Well there's also some kind of raised bubble at the front of the nacelle near the bussard collectors are (if they have them on the excelsior) kinda like the ones on the Ent-B/Lakota nacelles. Of course i probably have no idea what i'm talking about as well.
Or maybe *Sh ck H rr r* its a background 'actor' who also appeard in some DS9 fleet scene, and is a Excelsior/Ambassador hybrid. (i'll probly get smacked for even thinking of such herecy )

Buzz

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*Smack*

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
what exactly are you arguing about. this jack fellow hasn't even responded in at least the last 10 posts. its an excelsior, what more is there to say.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps