Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My fellow Canadians... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My fellow Canadians...
Wes
Over 20 years here? Holy cow.
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Canadians are a little 'slow'...
Wes
Member # 212

- posted      Profile for Wes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
but that doesn't mean they can't be special!

[ August 12, 2001: Message edited by: Wes1701E ]

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You don't base your knowledge of Canadians on Norm Macdonald and I won't base my knowledge of Americans on George W. Bush. Fair?

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What? There's another TV Guide interview about Star Trek: Enterprise?

And what is this group called Kids In The Hall?

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, Michael, seeing as they never appeared (to my knowledge) on Queer as Folk I'm not remotely surprised you haven't come across them.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, the show was picked up for another season. So you never know...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kids In The Hall = Canadian Saturday Night Live, except not live, and there are only males in the cast (so they have to play all the female parts). Produced by Lorne Michaels (producer of SNL as well). I believe it only lasted about 3 years or so. Mostof the cast has appeared regularly on other shows, including SNL. Shown regularly in reruns on Comedy Central. NOT to be confused with Canada's Second City Television, which was a launching pad for many famous SNL stars.

BTW, why does Canadian TV Guide have the old logo? You guys really are out of it...

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yup, 359. And I don't base my views on Norm Macdonald so much as I do Dave Foley, one of my favorite comedians. NewsRadio, and the "That's All There Is" (Apollo 12) episode of From the Earth to the Moon - all very funny stuff.

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know who Kids in the Hall are. Jeez. What kind of person do you take me for?

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

Wes
Member # 212

Hey man Norm Macdonald rules. I was actually refering to your comments earlier trying to set people up to dis canada... we all know we dont need you to set it up for us.
OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HAH! Damn, wish I'd thought of that comment, Wes. It was so obvious. You know, I just thought of something, they should have a laughing smiley. I've no idea what it would look like though...

(maybe the eyes looking skyward with a mouth like in the astonished face that opens and closes with teeth like in the grin?)

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like we're out of luck. This TV Guide was last week's TV Guide. Either that or the Maritimes get a different TV Guide than the rest of Canada...

--------------------
I haul cardboard and cardboard accessories

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've seen "Kids in the Hall." Mostly funny.

One of those guys was/is on "NewsRadio" with Andy #### and (the late, great) Phil Hartman, wasn't he?

--------------------
"The best defense is not a good offense. The best defense is a terrifyingly accurate and devastatingly powerful offense, with multiply-overlapping kill zones and time-on-target artillery strikes." -- Laurence, Archangel of the Sword

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That would explain why Stingray said:

"And I don't base my views on Norm Macdonald so much as I do Dave Foley, one of my favorite comedians. NewsRadio, and the 'That's All There Is' (Apollo 12) episode of From the Earth to the Moon - all very funny stuff."

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.