Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Magazine (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Trek Magazine
Pedro
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok, here's the official word, just received by email:

"The magazine is launching nationally on April 7th but may be on sale in some areas this weekend. The previous four issues were test publications only, so we are starting again at issue 1 with revised and updated contents.

With thanks for your interest,
Trisha Palmer"

They're gonna make me buy the first four again...

IP: Logged
Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Anybody know when Star Trek:The Magazine will be available in my neck of the woods? (ie: Saint John, New Brunswick)

------------------
"It appears, Admiral, that we're going to be slightly delayed."
-Emperor Issisus

Pedro
Ex-Member

I don't know if there are any plans to release it over there. Here's Trisha's address, she'd be the person to ask:

[email protected]

Federation Shipmaster
Kai Tak Pilot
Member # 15

- posted      Profile for Federation Shipmaster     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Where can we order a subscription?

------------------
What bloke invented signatures?

Pedro
Ex-Member

I don't see why not, this is now a 'regular' magazine. Here's their address in case you missed it before:

Star Trek: The Magazine
10 Bay Street
Westport, CT 06080

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just found the new Issue #1 at the store. That will certainly make the four trial issues collector's items for those who like rare stuff. Did anyone ever get any of the first four? I found #2 and that was it.

------------------
"I'm doctor, not a dragonslayer."

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'll have to pick up the new Magazine and look for the first four when I go to Denver for StarFest'99 and their massive dealers room. If anyone wants to find me there I'm usually crawling through the dealers room bargain bins about 45% of the time. Picked up a ton of books there and most at a discount (Like Art of Star Trek for $25).

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nyah-nyah! I picked up a mint-condition AoST at Half-Price Books for a whopping $9! Maybe it was a mistake on their part, but I for one couldn't care less... =)

------------------
-=Ryan McReynolds=-

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galen: What's in the new one? Anything good? :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nya nya: I got both versions of history in pictures for $7 each
the update (FC) chronology $9
and the TOS compendium $2.95
all brand new
- ahhh christmas shopping )

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
also for got to mention - the Legends of the ferengi $1.95 well it did say inside not to pay full price

------------------
Alamaraine, count to four...

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There are some people articles such as interviews with Berman, Stewart, and Zimmerman. Some stuff on the Borg. Looks like a mix of some of the articles previously seen in the first four issues as well as newer ones. As for starships it mostly covers the ones from Insurrection and gives some lengths.

New shuttle: 16m
Yacht: 33.53m
Holoship: 246.88m
Scout ship 24m (plus 16m across)
Ru'afo's ship 354m

And there is a brief sidebar from Sternbach discussing the changes made to the design of the Raven from its first appearance as a crashed vessel to its later intact appearance.

------------------
"I'm doctor, not a dragonslayer."

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just bought my copy today. What a great magazine!

As to ships, as soon as I can clear out some space for the plug, I'll be doing some scanning, in case anyone is interested.

------------------
"And though I once prefered a human being's company, they pale before the monolith that towers over me."
--
They Might Be Giants

[This message was edited by Sol System on April 06, 1999.]

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They actually had 2 commercials on for it during DS9 tonight. Concrete proof that it's out in Canada. =D

I'll be hunting tomorrow....

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

Ohh They better have it in Canada!.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps