Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Star Trek Magazine (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Star Trek Magazine
Jim Phelps
watches Voyager AFTER 51030
Member # 102

- posted      Profile for Jim Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't anyone know how to leave a note at the TNO forums or elsewhere saying, "The Forums Are Back Up"?

Like the interface - haven't seen a movies' era style before. I was just wondering what happened to that five-mile ship Zimmerman mentioned in an interview a while ago. Is it actually in the movie?

Boris

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boris: As the creator of the MCARS (movie interface), I thank you for your compliments. =]

The 5 mile long ship would be the giant collector ship, if I'm not mistaken...

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

The Vorlon
Member # 52

- posted      Profile for The Vorlon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The hunt was a success! =D

I found mine at a Coles Bookstore in Kitchener, just for any fellow Canadians who were wondering...

------------------
Lyta Vorlon: "Our great mistake. Our failing. And now your failing. The error is compounded."
Delenn: "What mistake?"
Lyta Vorlon: "The first one, the one from which all mistakes proceed: The error of Pride..."

-- Kalesh Naranek, Last of the Vorlon
www.orc.ca/~jheinbuc/

Montgomery
Reigning Supreme
Member # 23

- posted      Profile for Montgomery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*directs an envious scowl across the Atlantic, where it startles an old lady walking a dog in Maine, before proceeding west*

------------------
"Is there anyone there with a gun?"
- On the Hour

Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Er...sorry about that, Boris.

Actually, there was a post at the TNO forums. Look in Announcements, under "The Forums are..."

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Destruction Drone: "Throw down your weapons and I will spare your miserable lives!"
Rollbar: "That's the best offer we've had all day..."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boris: Y'know, I wondered why you posted TNO's address over at Sternbach's group, but not this. I thought maybe you didn't know it was back up, but I figured you find out after I posted it... :-)

------------------
"About as useful as a narcoleptic rickshaw driver."
-James Lileks

Elim Garak
Plain and simple
Member # 14

- posted      Profile for Elim Garak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*makes a note to check his local Coles (plural)*

------------------
"Audaces fortuna juvat."
"Fortune favours the bold."

Captain Stark
Member # 70

- posted      Profile for Captain Stark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Who hoo I got one. Found it at an Albertson's Grocery store in the middle of the night of all places to find it. Still reading through it. Found mistakes in the Enterprise-E schematics they printed (two different locations for the impulse engines and they are both wrong).

Nice artwork. Other than the drawings from the people at Paramount themselves I'm wondering how much of it is "official"?

Also is the $4.99 (us) the regular price or only a First Issue special?

------------------
-=/\=-
Captain Stark
http://members.aol.com/captaincks/readyroom.html

"The man on the top walks a lonely path. The chain of command is often a noose." Dr. Leonard McCoy --Obsession, Stardate: 3619.2

monkeyboy
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hopefully it reaches to the West soon. Just checked for those living in W Canada, it is not expected out yet. Every Coles location I know of is closing down due to the big massive invasion of Big stores like Chapters.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Monkeyboy: Coles owns Chapters.

Oh, and
http://www.stmagazine.com/
Self explanatory?

------------------
"......"
�������������-The Breen at Internment Camp 371

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All I have to say is "Where was this magazine about eight years ago, when TNG was at the height of its popularity?"

------------------
"I'm doctor, not a dragonslayer."

Socko
Ex-Member

Has anyone in the Long Island, New York area been able to find it?
monkeyboy
Ex-Member

The Tom, Opps forgot that.
ANd I gotit!!!!!!

The place that I normally go to Chapters and Coles in my hometown of burnaby didn't have it.
Had to go to the downtown location of Chapters to get.
Worth it.

------------------
I did'nt do it.

Fabrux
Epic Member
Member # 71

- posted      Profile for Fabrux     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I just found out when Star Trek: The Magazine becomes available in my area. I went to my local Co-op and was very surprised to see none other than Star Trek: The Magazine! I very hastily grabbed the only copy and bought it. Man do I ever love this mag! But it's going to be a fairly expensive collection, seeing as where the regular price in Canada is $11.99. It's worth it, though!

------------------
Starfleet Corps of Engineers-Spacecraft Division
www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9266

"The Emperor is not as forgiving as I am."
-Darth Vader, Return of the Jedi
"Everything is proceeding as I have forseen."
-Emperor Palpatine, Return of the Jedi

First of Two
Better than you
Member # 16

- posted      Profile for First of Two     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Issue #2 is out.
Kate Mulgrew on the cover.
nice Prometheus diagrams (all three sections, 5 views each)
D.C. Fontana on Vulcans and their ilk,
Jason Alexander
Deigning the Cardassian freighter (shoulda stayed with the original sketch, IMO)
Briefings on Klingons + Brief history of Federation and Starfleet. (and a nice "Fleet from Hell" shot where I counted 40 ships)
DS9's sickbay, etc, etc...

------------------
You're just JEALOUS because the little voices talk to ME!

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps