Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » NCC-1305-E (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: NCC-1305-E
capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My print of it (Starlog ST:TNG Magazine) says Epsilon Ashanti.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cool. I guess the differences between the two tables could be taken to mean that some ships moved from assignment to assignment between the "publishing dates", while others continued their longer-term assignments.

It's interesting to see that SB 134 couldn't get the Hood in working order, though, and SB 174 had to take over. A true hangar queen, that one...

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Cool. I guess the differences between the two tables could be taken to mean that some ships moved from assignment to assignment between the "publishing dates", while others continued their longer-term assignments.

I think that only the third table was onscreen and the other two weren't.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Fedaykin Supastar
Member # 704

- posted      Profile for Fedaykin Supastar         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I agree with there being some time period of at least a month, because of the reason Timo pointed out.
But on a sidenote besides the Saratoga, Yorktown and (Shephard - do we consider this canon as well? though pls no arguments), do we know of any other ships on patrol, damaged by the Probe?

Buzz

PS: I think i've posted on the wrong thread!!!!

[ September 17, 2001: Message edited by: Fedaykin Supastar ]

--------------------
"Tom is Canadian. He thereby uses advanced humour tecniques, such as 'irony', 'sarcasm', and werid shit'. If you are not qualified in any of these, it will be risky for you to attempt to decipher what he means. Just smile and carry on."
- PsyLiam; 16th June

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If the dialogue mentioned "two starships and three smaller vessels" as having been deactivated, we're still missing at least two names. And of course, that report might not yet have included the Yorktown and the Shepard, whose officers apparently were seen on screen just *after* the comment was made. No idea about fanfic or other names for the missing ships, though.

In any case, this movie showed a more active and positive Starfleet than any other movie or episode. Not only were there multiple ships involved, their officers actually had *dialogue* and performed *innovative action* and were coordinated through a *control center* where *competent people* were seen at *work*, under the leadership of powerful figures *other* than the captain of the Enterprise. None of them even tried to betray Kirk.

Timo Saloniemi

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe there were some ship info on the computer displays in this control center. Any info about those available?

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
about the briefing room shiplist, i think yours says Epsilon Ashanti too and you just mis-read it

*does a little dance*

--------------------

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

quote:
i think yours says Epsilon Ashanti too and you just mis-read it

Think so too, because it's a scann of the Starlog-Display.

--------------------

capped
Member # 709

And where the hell is 'Aldaraan'

the same place as Jenol*n..

--------------------

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Uh...nowhere, now.
capped
Member # 709

you must be thinking of Alderaan

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Actually, "now" Alderaan exists. It won't non-exist until episode 4. Which is already out. But hasn't happened yet, because episode 2 is coming out soon. After episode 1. Which followed episode 6, which followed 5 and 4. But since 4 hasn't happened, then there can't be a 5 and 6 to follow it.

Do you see?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

capped
Member # 709

Um.. actually, episode 4 made it quite clear that Alderaan was destroyed a long time ago.
In a galaxy far away.

And that Alderaan discussion doesnt answer my Aldaraan question

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aldaraan is where Alan Alda is from, of course.
capped
Member # 709

And Tattoo (Khan's former associate) must be from Tattooine

--------------------

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps