Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Phaser thoughts

Author Topic: Phaser thoughts
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We've been going about power generation numbers all wrong.

In the TNGTM, it says that INDIVIDUAL emitter segments generated 5.1 megawatts. Now, I was reading the DS9TM in the bathroom (shut it!) & it said, "The type-10 emitter segments each direct 4.8 megawatts, and updated fire-control algorithms allow multiple segments to combine the beam energies of up to six segments. This results in a multiplied force coupling at the target."

Forget about the lower power ratios for this. This means that energy is collected from ALL the segments. So...how many segments in an average starship-mounted phaser strip? And multiply that by 4.8 or 5.1 MW...?

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeh! phazer strips is for weenies.. yu need phazer cannon liek the Defiatn to blow up bad guys could kick the Entrpryz butt

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry.. channeled thoughts from some kids i used to know..

I like how in the TNG TM it said setting one wouldnt knock you out, but could boil some water

and then picard revealed it would give you a rash though

[ September 16, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So you were in the bathroom with the DS9TM? Well, it definatly belongs there. I mean, it's shit and all...

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would advise you to burn that particular page, then give yourself a lobotomy and hope that particular memory is wiped.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

capped
Member # 709

I really hate people who point out that we are getting too serious in here, but are self-lobotomies really the best answer to sloppy continuity in the graphics and publishing departments of Star Trek canon?

--------------------

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably couldn't hurt...
capped
Member # 709

And they let you keep the little piece they take out..

hey brain.. hello little brain.. whos a good little brain

[ September 20, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps