Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ambassador variant--opinions?

Author Topic: Ambassador variant--opinions?
Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was fiddling with the picture of the Ambassador to make the Yamaguchi variant. Tell me what you think of it. http://members.aol.com/dawnmda73/ambassador2-cs.jpg

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Warped1701
Back from Vacation
Member # 40

- posted      Profile for Warped1701     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I think that this thread would better belong in Designs and Artwork... No offense.

------------------
"Angels and Ministers of Grace, defend us"
-Hamlet, Act I, Scene IV

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe it should nevertheless be posted here, after all it's a canon design. The image looks o.k., Galen. Only the lower sensor dome should be a bit different. The Yamaguchi has an Excelsior style dome.
http://www.users.csbsju.edu/~rsorense/modelcitizen/trekships/ambassador/amb%20saucer%20keel.jpg

------------------
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer. (McCoy in "Devil in the Dark")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hm... The escape pods seem to be peeling off... :-)

And I agree that this thread is in the right place. We're discussing the nuances of a canonical ship, not someone's personal design or artwork. Unless Galen is simply fishing for compliments... ;-)

------------------
"I'm not stubborn. I'm just right."
-me

Galen
Member # 72

- posted      Profile for Galen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No fishing for compliments, just opinions from my esteemed starship colleagues. I figured if my starship was going to show pictures of all the Miranda variants, I might as well come up with a side view of the Ambassador variant. Since I could not find one, I tried my own amateur hand at it. BTW I replaced lower sensor dome with the one from the Excelsior. Doesn't look much different since the pic is so small.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Galen: A suggestion-change the registry on the nacelle to either NCC-26517 or NCC-26510 or NCC-26136 (NCC-62136). The USS Enterprise NCC-1701-C is not like this ship.
IP: Logged
Galen
Member # 72

Eagle eyes everywhere. The sensor dome, now the registry. I was so concerned with the fantail modifications that I forgot about the registry. Thanks.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, as long as we're getting picky... :-)

I think that when the encyclopedia diagram was made, the things added to the Bussards were a little... exaggerated. Judging by the pic Bernd linked, I think more of the actual collector should be visible...

------------------
"I'm not stubborn. I'm just right."
-me

Galen
Member # 72

I trouble with the collector part. Originally I made the "covers" smaller but it looked like I had not done anything. Thus the exaggerated look.

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Galen
Member # 72

Do we know what others have the modifications besides the Yamaguchi and the Zhukov?

------------------
"Victory is Life!"

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps