Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Ds9 and galaxy? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Ds9 and galaxy?
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I found this pic over at The model citizen:
http://employees.csbsju.edu/rsorensen/modelcitizen/trekships/ds9/ds9_e-d.jpg

The caption read "Ds9 with Galaxy class ship docked" - Is that right? I mean, the ship looks a bit weird to me...

(and yes, I know it�s upside down )

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: pIn'a' Sov ]

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like a Galaxy (And a heck of a scaling problem. Ah, those were the days.) to me.
MinutiaeMan
Living the Geeky Dream
Member # 444

- posted      Profile for MinutiaeMan     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For some reason, it looks like the New Orleans model to me!

--------------------
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” — Isaac Asimov
Star Trek Minutiae | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least they have it docked in the right place...at the connecting neck instead of the rim of the saucer.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think it could be a New Orleans! look at the pylons, they don't connect to the secondary hull where they should. Plus the nacelles themselves are too high. Having said that however, I can't see the dorsal "highlighter" pods.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

The Red Admiral
Admiral on Deck....
Member # 602

- posted      Profile for The Red Admiral     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is the Galaxy class, docked at one of the lower pylons -it and the station are just upside down. I mean, look where ops is.

--------------------
"To the Enterprise and the Stargazer. Old girlfriends we'll never meet again." - Scotty

Trekmania -My Comprehensive Trek Resource

The ASDB

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
the nacelles look pretty far apart to the saucer if its galaxy.. and also the secondary is pretty far forward

..any idea what episode this set-up was used for? All of the scenes with the E-D were at an upper pylon i thought.. was it the Venture, i dont recall seeing if it docked or not

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Reverend
Based on a true story...
Member # 335

- posted      Profile for Reverend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I seeing things, or do the nacelles look to far back?

Could it be possible that someone either built a replica of the Kyushu, or used one that was hanging around (didn't they build 2 & destroy 1 in the first place? or was that the Melborne...) and slipped it in to a vfx shot? I really do hope so!
It might be worth someone going through some ds9 footage & looking out for a galaxy saucer on the lower pylon. As I recall, the galaxies (E-D, Venture, Odyssey) tended to be at the upper pylons, not the lower.

--------------------
Dark Knight Adventures & Batman Beyond:Stripped - DeviantArt Gallery
================================
...what we demand is a total absence of solid facts!

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks like an Ambassador to me.

Of course, I think I do remember a few shots in the 5th seasons on where large number of starfleet ships were present, and there may have been a Galaxy on a lower pylon ...

[ September 24, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nacelles look too far apart to be a Galaxy or an Ambassador, but i suppose Ambassador could be possible.. but if the shape under the saucer (and above the red object) is the secondary hull, the the ship is not tall enough to be an ambassador and has its 2ndary hull very far forward

--------------------

Hobbes
 Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat 
Member # 138

- posted      Profile for Hobbes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Picard: "Damnit ensign, I thought you knew how to fly this ship. You've docked us up-side down!"

--------------------
I'm slightly annoyed at Hobbes' rather rude decision to be much more attractive than me though. That's just rude. - PsyLiam, Oct 27, 2005.

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It sure as hell ain't an Ambassador.

In fact, that damn well may be an NO. Look immediately below the horizontal part of the nacelle pylon and there appears to be the aft tip of the secondary hull visible, quite far removed from the pylons.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

capped
Member # 709

"Um.. Captain.. there is no 'up' in space"

"Shut up, Wesley"

"Dont tell my son to shut..

"Mom.."

"Shut up, Wesley!"

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know when this pic was taken? If it was during "Emissary," then maybe the producers ut in the Ent-D model they used in the episode and hung it upside down on the pylon for fun.
Or, if it is an Ambassador, the Yamaguchi model.

--------------------
Meh

capped
Member # 709

Actually, they shoot upside down. Thats why the station is upside down in that picture (i know that its hard to tell, but ops is pointy and the reactors are round and have struts).

Its easier to turn a model upside down and shoot it with the same camera position you shot the up shot from than it is to hover it over the camera...

--------------------

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps