Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » "Enterprise" Tech - First Impressions [spoilers] (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: "Enterprise" Tech - First Impressions [spoilers]
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The things could barely fit 2 people. What were you expecting?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The weaknesses of the Suliban ships seemed pretty logical to me. Future Guy wants them to mix things up in this time period, but I doubt he wants them to take over the quadrant. Or even have any significant impact of their own at all. Unless he is a Suliban.
Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the looks of them, I don't believe the last 4 movies and the last 2 series had any budget problems, (okay maybe just script problems) so Enterprise shouldn't have any problems. As for plots, I have only seven words. Time travel and a crossover with TNG.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

Jack_Crusher
Member # 696

- posted      Profile for Jack_Crusher     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
From the looks of them, I don't believe the last 4 movies and the last 2 series had any budget problems, (okay maybe just script problems) so Enterprise shouldn't have any problems. As for plots, I have only seven words. Time travel and a crossover with TNG.

--------------------
Fry- How will we get out of this?
George Takei's head- Maybe we can use some kind of auto-destruct code like one-A, two-B, three-C...
(Bender's head blows up)
Bender- Now everybody knows!
-Futurama's obligatory Star Trek episode

mrcynicall
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*grr@misspelled name*

oh well whatever...

quote:

-No mention of what kind of weapons the Pre-E has. They fire pulses, not beams. No torpedoes (and no armory set in this episode). They also have these nifty grapple lines they go fishing with.

on the upn enterprise site, there is a video preview where archer (is that the capt's name?) says something along the lines of 'prepare the starboard tube'. so they do have missiles/torpedos...

i apologize is someone already mentioned this in this thread...

IP: Logged
The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The red pulses fired from Pre-E saucer in BB were discharges from shipboard "plasma artillery", as per the series bible. This is kinda corroborated by the fact that they matched the plasma pistol weaponry we saw on Rigel, which in turn matched (in a lovely nod of continuity I have yet to see mentioned anywhere) the plasma pulses the Renegade Borg fired in "Descent." (The sound and pulse style are nearly identical, albeit in different colours.)

The torpedoes and the armory room will be seen next week. I think the term "Spatial Torpedo" was tossed around by Braga somewhere, as was the idea that these things might be called Missiles instead.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Still on topic, I took a closer look at the bridge today and noticed that the Pre-E main screen doesn't have those blinky lights running along the bottom. You know, the ones common to EVERY PRINCIPAL STARSHIP EVER.

Sacrilege!!!

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe because whatever they did, hasn't been invented yet?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

The_Tom
recently silent
Member # 38

- posted      Profile for The_Tom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Still on topic, I took a closer look at the bridge today and noticed that the Pre-E main screen doesn't have those blinky lights running along the bottom. You know, the ones common to EVERY PRINCIPAL STARSHIP EVER.

To be fair, the Defiant didn't have them. But yeah, that did irk me, too.

--------------------
"I was surprised by the matter-of-factness of Kafka's narration, and the subtle humor present as a result." (Sizer 2005)

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, at least the Defiant monitor had *a* light above it, and a funky trapezoidal shape. The Pre-E has a big, featureless rectangle for a wall in the front. I guess us audience types are supposed to be wowed by what's ON the screen rather than the screen itself.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The359:

They couldn't find two strings of Christmas lights and a wall socket. Wow, those Vulcans must *REALLY* be holding them back.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My dad commented on the viewscreen, but it was a totally different kind of comment. He was surprised that they had one. I said "They always have a viewscreen at the front of the bridge.". He said "What, even Kirk?".

As you may have guessed, he's only at the level of "casual fan"... :-)

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The359:

The [i]Phoenix{/i] had them.

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What's the use of these things anyway? Is it for looking at when there is absolutely nothing of interest on the screen?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They were supposed to represent the sensors in some way

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.