Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Starship Spotter Cover

Author Topic: Starship Spotter Cover
Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/074343725X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

The Foundation animators are showing here the Digital Muse/Eden FX Defiant model built for "Sacrifice of Angels" off the model-kit/Fact Files/Magazine blueprints, not the improved one built off the four-foot miniature for "The Changing Face of Evil." They really should ask Eden FX for a copy of the new model. Nevertheless, this ought to be the best addition to our libraries since the FC sketchbook.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: Phelps ]

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Boo-yah, sir.

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweetness.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe Mojo can give us all free copies.

Hey, Mojo, give me free stuff, I'll let you see my lego battleship

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's right - Mojo, if you give me free stuff too, I'll let you see my 1:1 scale replica of Rick Sternbach's office.

Mark <-- Rick's seen it, too

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Boris
Member # 713

- posted      Profile for Boris     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I'll make sure nobody finds out that you secretly edited out the Epsilon-3 moon after the B5 pilot! How's B5 supposed to remain at its L5 location?

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Epsilon 3 had a moon in the Gathering? Shit, now I've got to watch it again.

Is it still there in the Special Edition?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have high hopes for this book.
But a lot of things we really look forward to suck...please, Mojo, tell us this isn't a cheap book of starships.
Not that, even if it does, I wouldn't want a free copy...

--------------------
Meh

Boris
Member # 713

The moon is in the old version of the pilot, and probably not in the special edition or the show. The idea was, according to JMS' posts of the time, that B5 is located at the L5 point between Epsilon 3 and the moon. It means that, regardless of where the planet or the moon are throughout the year, B5 would've always been at the tip of an equilateral (=equal side lengths) triangle that has the moon and the planet at the other two tips.

As for the book, all I care about is that we'll almost certainly get a) a bunch of new VFX sizes and b) a bunch of new canon, clear ship pictures. We'll find out how big the Equinox is! We'll find out how big the Akira is!

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hell, I just want some names
Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The USS Jeff Benson

Named after the famous late-20th and early 21st Century Deer-Hunter who killed more deer with his Jeep in a month then most hunters with gun do in ten lifetimes.

Most notable for the scene in the 2034 remake of Bambi, where the title-character's mother is run over by a '98 Wrangler, instead of shot as in the original film. Many young children will express amazement that a) people used to kill deer with guns, and b) people other then Jeff Benson killed deer at all.

The controversy will boost Ten Ways To Kill A Deer, and Other Lessons of Life (by the aforementioned Jeff Benson) to the top of the New York Times Best Seller's List, and cause a certain *someone* to go stark raving mad.

[ October 23, 2001: Message edited by: Malnurtured Snay ]

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

USS Vanguard
i hate clowns
Member # 130

- posted      Profile for USS Vanguard     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hm. i'll be sure to add that one.

--------------------
"Tragedy is when I cut my finger,
Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die."-Mel Brooks

Lee
I'm a spy now. Spies are cool.
Member # 393

- posted      Profile for Lee     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Which one, the starship spotter's book or the Benson biography? 8)

--------------------
Never mind the Phlox - Here's the Phase Pistols

Mikey T
Driven
Member # 144

- posted      Profile for Mikey T     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Perhaps both...

--------------------
"It speaks to some basic human needs: that there is a tomorrow, it's not all going to be over with a big splash and a bomb, that the human race is improving, that we have things to be proud of as humans."
-Gene Roddenberry about Star Trek

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps