Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » My Own Personal "Star Trek VI" Mystery Solved (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Own Personal "Star Trek VI" Mystery Solved
Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you think Vogon is being less than nice, you should go and see a charming fellow named Goa'uld over at the dominant Stargate SG-1 forum at www.gaters.net. This guy's attitude sets standards no mere human could meet... I swear there's a worm in his guts or something. You sorta learn to ignore his words and listen to his facts, though, since he certainly knows his stuff.

I can only surmise that direct prolonged exposure to scifi TV corrupts your brain's higher niceness centers. Recommended protective measures: always learn about the episodes through internet first, and then see them two or three years late, by paying outrageous prices to your local sales video vendor. Teaches you humility.

Timo Saloniemi

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently in a niceness rehab program.. I've actually managed to confine most of my assholic comments to the board lately, with a couple of real-life exceptions.

I'm also having more luck with the ladies. Before i cut down on my time spent watching sci-fi on TV, my most serious relationship took up a .ZIP file of about 118 KB of saved IMs and emails.. now, I go out for dinner with real girls.

But dont worry about losing yourself.. I still manage to be a pretty officious spaced out geek here, too!
-- yes, you too can get a life too! just dial 1-555-1701...! or visit our website at.. oh never mind

[ October 25, 2001: Message edited by: CaptainMike ]

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If Vogon Poet was trying to be an asshole he cannot compare to some posters at my favorite (non science fiction) forum, the OregonLive Townsquare Forum. Any post by a "Don Abernathey" or a "Greg Laux" is bound to offend almost anyone.

If anyone wishes to see for his-/herself:

www.oregonlive.com/forums/townsquare

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
"Vogon Saint" is a direct heir to the apostolic order and a twisted saint of the rarest variety, and we love him with a few or our internal organs. For instance, I have given him my spiritual appendix.
Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess I am behind on my Catholic temporal and spiritual heirarchies.
PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes you are. Go sort that out.

To be fair to Lee, he does have a point. If there is one thing our forum has in it's favour (apart from me, obviously), it's that the average poster intelligence is fairly high. We don't have a huge number of posters, but at least 99% of the people who post here know how to use paragraphs, and can write stuff more entertaining that "teh DEIFANT Rulz! H@x0rz arsebisUiTS!"

Even when we argue, it sounds fairly intelligent (like your posts on the ST II thread. While anyone with a brain thinks you're wrong, Red Cadet, you are arguing back intelligently, rather than saying "You all sux aND fInGerz each OthR!" Hell, our most argumentative threads are about countries political agendas, and not whether the Defiant does indeed rule, or if the Sovereign-class would beat it in a fight with it's Type-11 million phaser banks).

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Having said that:

"To other Flare-members: 'Did he just spoke to himself?'
!! WARNING - CROBATO / DARKSTAR SITUATION DETECTED !!"

What the fuck are you talking about Brother Harry?

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps