Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Our first Earth ship... (Ent $$$) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Our first Earth ship... (Ent $$$)
The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tonight's episode "Terra Nova" is about the first colonists outside the solar system. Their ship is shown on diagrams on the Enterprise (has some Defiant styling-cues, but nacelles like the Enterprise). The name was writtin on a bulkhead but was hard to see because it was eroded. It appeared to say S.S. Conc.......but that's all I could get. Anyone else get it?

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I saw the ship, but I couldn't make out any of the ship name. Hopefully they'll show a shot of it again in the episode.

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We also have learned Phlox's species.

Denobulan.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I caught that. I thought that they were going to be waiting for a later episode this season to reveal this information on Phlox. Hmm...

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

S.S. CONESTOGA

--------------------

Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

Okay, we've got your answer, The359. Apparently, the ship was called the Constova. I'm far from certain about the spelling, but I think I've got it spelled fairly phonetically.

Darn it, you beat me to it! Looks like you got closer to the name, though.

[ October 24, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

Conestoga means Covered Wagon in German, so it makes sense.

--------------------

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It reminded me of a Sovereign when I saw it on that monitor.

--------------------
Meh

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Huh?

Personally, I thought it resembled those transports from The Empire Strikes Back, only not quite so lumpy and with nacelles.

Harry
Stormwind City Guard
Member # 265

- posted      Profile for Harry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So, any screenshots of the colony ship?

--------------------
Titan Fleet Yards | Memory Alpha

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
if it was by any chance the ship from the credits shown right before Enterprise...Aban will be happy. But if it was, I'm sure someone who's actually seen the episode would've said so by now, huh?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

We only saw the ship from the front, so it's impossible to tell if it's the same ship from the opening credits.
Woodside Kid
Member # 699

- posted      Profile for Woodside Kid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not the ship from the opening credits. That vessel has a roughly delta-wing cross section (it looks a little bit like what the Ralph McQuarrie Phase II secondary hull might have looked from the rear) with a hint of a circular structure forward. The ship on Mayweather's display (which was shown from several angles) looks nothing like it. Sol System's description is pretty good, actually.

--------------------
The difference between genius and idiocy? Genius has its limits.

Mark Nguyen
I'm a daddy now!
Member # 469

- posted      Profile for Mark Nguyen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am *so* feeling like Timo right now...

Mark

--------------------
"This is my timey-wimey detector. Goes ding when there's stuff." - Doctor Who
The 404s - Improv Comedy | Mark's Starship Bridge Designs | Anime Alberta

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Since I didn't tape the episode, I can't go back and see what it looks like. But I can say the first thing I thought of when I saw it was the Sovereign. I don't know why, but that's what happened.
Maybe this is what the Milan or Odin or those other colony ships from TNG looked like.

--------------------
Meh

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps