Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Question (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Question
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I had a screen capture of the Spacedock scene from Star Trek III online at Flare Upload. However, Flare Upload has fallen to the forces of cyberevil. I'll try and find it (or recreate it) this evening and post it, but I'll do that ONLY if people actually want to see it and risk re-igniting this topic of passion, fire, and damnation.

As far post counts go, remember this: it's not the number of posts that one makes, it's the quality of the posts that one makes. I'm member 29, and it took me two years to break a thousand posts. Of course, I was absent from the forum for about 18 months of that.

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Siegfried ]

--------------------
The philosopher's stone. Those who possess it are no longer bound by the laws of equivalent exchange in alchemy. They gain without sacrifice and create without equal exchange. We searched for it, and we found it.

Dukhat
Hater of Stock Footage
Member # 341

- posted      Profile for Dukhat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I know, but rather than editting his posts, he posts three times in a row and talks to himself. I just sit online all day writing about stuff, and i was a senior member within a month

Well, it doesn't really matter whether you are a new member, member, or senior member anymore, does it? The whole point of becoming a senior member was so that you could change your status line. Now, someone else has to do it for you. AFAIAC, whether you become a senior member in a few months or a few years is pretty moot now.

--------------------
"A film made in 2008 isn't going to look like a TV series from 1966 if it wants to make any money. As long as the characters act the same way, and the spirit of the story remains the same then it's "real" Star Trek. Everything else is window dressing." -StCoop

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Im just more worried about people that talk to themselves

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In my defense, Captain Mike, I was unaware of the "edit" feature when I first began posting. You might notice that I have used the edit function at least thrice now. Also, I am curious as to what your definition is of "talking to himself."

Also I do not know how many posts it takes to reach the august rank of "Senior Member;" I do not post merely to inflate my total number of posts.

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Raw Cadet ]

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think he means posting a question or remark, then answering it yourself before anyone else posts.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

David Templar
Saint of Rabid Pikachu
Member # 580

- posted      Profile for David Templar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, "senior member" status is cool! You get to trade in that title for something you've made up.

--------------------
"God's in his heaven. All's right with the world."

The359
The bitch is back
Member # 37

- posted      Profile for The359     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Wolf 359 thread is still the king...

Although there wasn't much arguing in it.

--------------------
"Lotta people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well. When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

-Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney, LeMans

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As I recall, this debate about the Spacedock "ship" became pretty heated (I even remember Veers yelling that he and some other new member should kick all the others back to some other obscure web board...). Oh, well. I personally just read the posts on Flare and reply here and there.

Back on topic, is the shot of where the "ship" appeared in ST III and disappeared in ST IV in the same location?

Veers
You first
Member # 661

- posted      Profile for Veers         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh heh. Funny you remembered that, Ace.
I dug up my quote: "I say, Mim, how about you and I get some AT-ATs and pummel these insobourdanant members back to the TNO Forums? Anyone with half a mind can see that that floating dirt barge is in fact a ship."

And then TSN got all mad and said I thought it was a ship because "I have half a brain." Then Mr. Christopher got pissed because he was a senior member and I wasn't at the time, so he had more experience.

Sol System remarked, "What's with all this EFH bashing?", which had to do with TNO a lesser version of Flare.

Funny you remebered that, Ace.

[ October 26, 2001: Message edited by: Veers ]

--------------------
Meh

Evolved
Member # 389

- posted      Profile for Evolved     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like I said, I'm always reading, so be careful when you post.
Siegfried
Fullmetal Pompatus
Member # 29

- posted      Profile for Siegfried     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
On second thought, that's a thread best left to the void...
Raw Cadet
Member # 725

- posted      Profile for Raw Cadet     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Like "The Next Generation" era Federation, I observed this forum before I made first contact in order to have a better grasp of the unique flare culture before I introduced myself to it. Perhaps I should have figured out the edit function before joining . . .

Anyways, one of the threads I observed with bemused interest was the one I asked about here. I found it curious that some posters were absolutely certain that the object was a ship without conformation from one who truly knows. I started this thread because I was wondering if a consensus was ever reached.

Under no circumstances did I intend to restart the debate. Maybe I did not observe enough; have I created a monster I can no longer control?

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't recall making that comment in anger. I'm pretty sure it was just sarcastic mocking. I do that from time to time, you know... :-)
Starship Freak
Member # 293

- posted      Profile for Starship Freak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes. Ah, well, that�s what the board is for. Neverending discussions, that�s what�s so fun

Anyway, here�s my very own scan of the ship (yup, I believe it�s a ship :

Unknown ships at The Guardian of Forever

Oops, I just gave away the adress to my homepage�s brand new domain

--------------------
"The Starships of the Federation are the physical, tangible manifestations of Humanity´s stubborn insistence that life does indeed mean something."
Spock to Leonard McCoy in "Final Frontier"

akb1979
Just loves those smilies!
Member # 557

- posted      Profile for akb1979     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As far as talking to one's self goes - don't sweat it. I talk to myself all of the time: in my bedroom, in the kitchen, on the bog . . . erm yes, that's quite enough of that me thinks! Given you all a bit too much insight into how I think of a plot for my stories and "act" them out. HEHE!

Just remember these four simple stages about talking to yourself and try not to get to number 4, which I'm not sure whether I've reached or not.

Stages of going mad;
1. Talking to yourself.
2. Answering.
3. Having an argument with yourself.
4. Losing.

As for Senior Member status - 250 posts. That really should be written down somewhere, I'm getting tired of sounding as though I'm talking to myself!

-You talking to me?

No.

-Oh . . . right . . . sure?

YES!

--------------------
If you cant convince them, confuse them.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps