Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Confirmation-Is the USS Challenger NCC-2032 from a novel?

Author Topic: Confirmation-Is the USS Challenger NCC-2032 from a novel?
Trinculo
Ex-Member

- posted            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If I remember correctly, the USS Challenger NCC-2032 is mentioned in book 52 of the original series from Pocket Books. This ship was said to be the prototype ship of a new class of science ships. Can anyone confirm this?
IP: Logged
Aethelwer
Frank G
Member # 36

- posted      Profile for Aethelwer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack...interesting...

------------------
http://frankg.dgne.com/
Rodimus Prime: "No more jokes, Springer. Cybertron's in deadly danger. We're heading back there. Now."
Springer: "Yes sir, Mister Leader, sir."

Bernd
Guy from Old Europe
Member # 6

- posted      Profile for Bernd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know the title?

------------------
I'm a doctor, not a bricklayer. (McCoy in "Devil in the Dark")
www.uni-siegen.de/~ihe/bs/startrek/

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TOS #52: "Home Is the Hunter" by Dana Kramer-Rolls

One question: was that novel published before or after ST VI where the ship name and regsitry appeared on a display?

Now according to Dixon's chronology that novel is set towards the end of the five year mission. Which is odd. Can anyone confirm what Trinculo is saying?

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is rather annoying. I can find plenty of information about the book, but none of it includes the date it was published.

However, in 1991, the year ST VI was released, TOS books were in the mid-fifty range. It would appear that the book and the movie were released around the same time, which doesn't help at all.

------------------
"It was sweet, like lead paint's sweet, but the aftereffects left me paralyzed."
--
They Might Be Giants

Trinculo
Ex-Member

The novel was set in the 2280's with flashbacks to the 2260's. Does this help further?
Sol System
two dollar pistol
Member # 30

- posted      Profile for Sol System     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm actually looking for when the book itself was released. They can set them in pretty much any time period they choose.

------------------
"It was sweet, like lead paint's sweet, but the aftereffects left me paralyzed."
--
They Might Be Giants

steamrunner2000
Ex-Member

Well, I can confirm only that the USS Challenger NCC-2032, Excelsior class, from several ship listings, including the James Dixon listing

------------------
Has anyone seen any swallows around???

Identity Crisis
Defender of the Non-Canon
Member # 67

- posted      Profile for Identity Crisis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Is there a version of Dixon's NCC list more recent than the 9501.11 one? 'cos that one doesn't list the NCC-2032 Challenger at all.

------------------
-->Identity Crisis<--

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2024 Charles Capps