Flare Sci-fi Forums
Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » The Riker Maneuvre (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Riker Maneuvre
Michael Dracon
aka: NightWing or Altair
Member # 4

- posted      Profile for Michael Dracon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Voyager seems to like using words already 'explained' in other series or movies. Like a Mutara (sp?) class nebula.

--------------------
"And they had other stuff (...) like pictures of the Vulcan woman on Enterprise."
"OOOOhhh! Uhm, I mean: Nerds!"

- Willow and Xander, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

capped
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um.. actually, the Voyager episode with metreon-mania came first. Insurrection took it from them.
$
$
$
Voyager Season 1 Spoilers!

'Jetrel' had the evil Haakonian Dr. Jetrel (who looks kind of like Admiral Alidar Jarok) deciding that he doesnt like being evil.

Dr. Jetrel (who resembles Dr. Mora Pol) had previously created the 'metreon cascade' a vicious destructive force that vaporized all life on Rinax, but left it habitable for its Haakonian conquerors.

Dr. Jetrel (who kinda reminds me of an alternate future version of Alexander who has taken the name K'Mtar) decided that to redeem himself, he had to reverse the cascade, which will allow all the people of Rinax to magically reform(!!) and live again. This would include Neelix's family.

What a wonderful property of metreon gas! (Luckily it turned out he was lying.. I'm more surprised that Voyager's crew believed him. 'Gee lts get looking in the atmosphere for the molecules that used to be people, and put them back together again' 'Sure, that sounds easy!')

And I've noticed that the movies actually like to pick up long lost factoids from obscure episodes. Like 'Generations' revealing that Guinan was El-Aurian, the El-Aurians having been introduced in a really bizarre second season DS9 that made no reference to her, just their listening abilities.

--------------------
"Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?"

Malnurtured Snay
Blogger
Member # 411

- posted      Profile for Malnurtured Snay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You mean the episode with Chris Sarandon (best known as the evil Prince Humperdink from 'The Princess Bride' -- and ex-hubby of you-know-who) as a rival gambler out for Quark's business?

--------------------
www.malnurturedsnay.net

OnToMars
Now on to the making of films!
Member # 621

- posted      Profile for OnToMars     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dude, that guy is awesome. We watched Uncle Vanya on 42nd Street in drama class last year and I couldn't remember the actor's name to associate with the Uncle Vanya character he played so on my little handout sheet thingy I put a note next to Vanya as 'Grand Nagus'

Wow...what a run-on sentence...

--------------------
If God didn't want us to fly, he wouldn't have given us Bernoulli's Principle.

TSN
I'm... from Earth.
Member # 31

- posted      Profile for TSN     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think you're thinking of Wallace Shawn, who played Grand Nagus Zek, and the short bald bad guy (I forget the name) in The Princess Bride.
Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Vinzini.

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

Aban Rune
Former ascended being
Member # 226

- posted      Profile for Aban Rune     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No more rhyming now, I mean it.

Anybody want a peanut?

--------------------
"Nu ani anqueatas"

Aban's Illustration
The Official Website of Shannon McRandle

Grokca
Member # 722

- posted      Profile for Grokca     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Riker Maneuver should refer to anytime you
a) cripple your ship when faced by inferior odds
b) drive a starship into a planet.(with all the space out there it's hard to hit a planet)
I don't know I wouldn't let this guy ride my bike let alone a starship.
Maybe in the next movie he can hit a star.
Paul

--------------------
"and none of your usual boobery."
M. Burns

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LOL I can just picture ET: The Extraterrestrail with Riker... on the bike... "Eeeeee Teeeeee Phoooonnneee - ouch! Riker! You BLOODY IDIOT!"

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for capped     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And Riker's last words before he hits the ground?

'RED a-lert!!!'

--------------------

Shik
Starship database: completed; History of Starfleet: done; website: probably never
Member # 343

- posted      Profile for Shik     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's not "RED a-lert!!!"....it's "RrrrrrrrrrrrrredaLERT!"

--------------------
"The French have a saying: 'mise en place'—keep everything in its fucking place!"

AndrewR
Resident Nut-cache
Member # 44

- posted      Profile for AndrewR     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Speaking of the ubiquitous Wallace Shawn... I saw him in another movie today playing a Jerry Springer-type talkshow host on a Canadian movie called "Stardom". It was on Showtime Australia this morning. Anyway it also had Frank Langella SP? (Minister Jaro DS9 season 2) and Leni Parker (Da'an from Earth: Final Conflict). Bizarre Leni Parker IS Da'an. LOL! Such a cool character. Anyway I digress... from what I don't know this post had no real particular point!

--------------------
"Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica." - Jim Halpert. (The Office)

I'm LIZZING! - Liz Lemon (30 Rock)

capped
Member # 709

Frank Langella was Skeletor!!
woooooo

--------------------

PsyLiam
Hungry for you
Member # 73

- posted      Profile for PsyLiam     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And he said that he'd be back.

Another lie in a lifetime of regret.

--------------------
Yes, you're despicable, and... and picable... and... and you're definitely, definitely despicable. How a person can get so despicable in one lifetime is beyond me. It isn't as though I haven't met a lot of people. Goodness knows it isn't that. It isn't just that... it isn't... it's... it's despicable.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.