Flare Sci-Fi Forums Post New Topic  Post A Reply
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Flare Sci-Fi Forums » Star Trek » Starships & Technology » Maps

Author Topic: Maps
The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, who's got images of maps that have appeared on the shows? I've seen the one from Spike, but I'm still waiting for that big one from Shik, so who else has 'em? Specifically layouts of the Galaxy, UFP, and neighbors.

-MMoM

[ November 03, 2001: Message edited by: The Mighty Monkey of Mim ]

Ryan McReynolds
Minor Deity
Member # 28

- posted      Profile for Ryan McReynolds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Star Trek Dimension

--------------------
Enterprise: An Online Companion

"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away." --Phillip K. Dick

Spike
Pathetic Vampire
Member # 322

- posted      Profile for Spike     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There're many maps on the Captain's Chair CD-Rom. If you're interested, I'll make some screenshots.

And here's the tactical map from TNG Yesterday's Enterprise.

--------------------
"Never give up. And never, under any circumstances, no matter what - never face the facts." - Ruth Gordon

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
...Also used as the tactical map of Cardassian space in "The Wounded", as seen in the background when Capt. Maxwell communicates with Picard.

I don't know if anything was changed there (Cardassian symbols for Klingon ones, perhaps) because the map was off focus all the time.

Timo Saloniemi

The Mighty Monkey of Mim
SUPPOSED TO HAVE ICE POWERS!!
Member # 646

- posted      Profile for The Mighty Monkey of Mim     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Um...How does that map even make any sense? The planets appear multiple times in various places around the map!
cptmkb
I WAS IN THE FUTURE, IT WAS TOO LATE TO RSVP
Member # 709

- posted      Profile for cptmkb     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Because they are hastily made and shouldnt be considered canon!?

--------------------
"C'mon, tightly hold your hand / Take a deep breath, give them the finger / Are you worried that your thoughts are not quite.. clear?" - Our Lady Peace, One Man Army

Timo
Member # 245

- posted      Profile for Timo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No, you silly! It's because of gravitational lensing, wormholes and the well known Mirror Rift bisecting that sector.

That, plus deliberate disinformation in case some Klingons got hold of the map.

Or then you are supposed to fold that map so that A meets B, in order to create a true 3D representation out of the 2D map.

Timo Saloniemi

Quick Reply
HTML is enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

© 1999-2008 Solareclipse Network.